Recent content by Natalieblueeyes

1. Natalieblueeyes

Distance of toilet tank from the wall

How does the plumber know what the finished wall is going to be? for example, whether it will be tile or just sheet rock or something more?
  2. Natalieblueeyes

I think I know the problem. The measurement is a little over 12" from the finished wall to the bolts, but the 12" rough-in is not measured from the finished wall but from the unfinished wall. The toilets were roughed in at about 12 3/4" which explains why the toilet tank is 1 1/2" from the...
  3. Natalieblueeyes

Yes, 12" to the bolts but something is not what Kohler intended if toilet tank is supposed to be 3/4" from the wall and it is 1 1/2" from the wall. I don't know enough about installing a toilet to know what it is, but something isn't right. I think the answer is that the plumber didn't...
  4. Natalieblueeyes

thanks to everyone that posted. I don't want to sound like I expect too much from the plumber and am blaming everything on him. My biggest problem with him is that after the first 1 1/2 days, we never saw him again -- he sent his apprentice out to work unsupervised and he was never on the job...
  5. Natalieblueeyes

Perhaps it is expecting too much to think that Kohler toilets will fit with the rough-in dimensions that Kohler sent with the toilets. But I have 2 new Kohler toilets (the same kind) and both are 1 1/2" from the wall -- it seems more likely that that distance is because of how they were...
  6. Natalieblueeyes

I think they are level. If I put a marble on the top of the tank, it doesn't roll. (I always promised the contractor that I wouldn't get a level, but this may be the time.) One other question, does it matter if the cold water supply stub-out is 5" off the finished floor when the...
  7. Natalieblueeyes

So if the bolts are at 12" (or real close to that) and the toilet tank is 1 1/2" from the wall, does that mean the Kohler rough-in diagram is wrong? The rough-in diagram shows the toilet tank at 3/4" from the wall with a 12" rough in. Natalie
  8. Natalieblueeyes

I meant are the slots always at the center of the DRAIN not bowl.
  9. Natalieblueeyes

Are the slots always at the center of the bowl?
  10. Natalieblueeyes

Now I confused about something. If I measure from the wall to the center of the bolt, it is roughly 12". But the Kohler Pinoir toilet rough-in information shows the toilet only 3/4" from the wall based on a 12" rough-in and it looks like on the Kohler rough-in information that the 12" is...
  11. Natalieblueeyes

Thanks. I will wait for the inspector. (The toilet I have has a round front -- and it only 26 3/4" -- one of the smallest I could find. There was one shorter but it was wider. I read the rough-in information for the Kohler toilet I have and if roughed in at 12", the tank should be 3/4"...
  12. Natalieblueeyes

Only problem is that because the toilet was not installed closer to the back wall, there is not 21" clearance in front of the toilet (to the wall in front of the toilet.) There is only 20" clearance. We have not had final inspection yet and I don't know if the inspector will require the toilet...
  13. Natalieblueeyes

Is there a standard distance that a toilet tank should be from the wall? Our new tank is 1 1/2" to 2" inches from the wall. If the tank is too far from the wall, is it necessary to move the flange to move it closer to the wall? Thanks. Natalie
  14. Natalieblueeyes

Drain pipe too high for small pedestal sink

I think that is just the angle that I took the picture. The cross piece is right in the wrong place and the u part of the trap won't fit under it. Is there anything that we could attach to the p-trap to lower it and get it under the cross piece? or does that just create problems? Natalie
  15. Natalieblueeyes

Drain pipe too high for small pedestal sink

The drain for the sink drops down the middle of the sink base. The trap is too high to fit under the cross piece and connect with the sink drain. The trap hits right at the cross piece. (Thanks for looking at my picture -- sorry it isn't better.) Natalie
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks