Recent content by Mylomine

1. Mylomine

Ceiling fan runs slow on highest setting

Ok, I will take a look at that and compare it to the other fans to see if they are the same or not. Either way I think I will replace it and see if we can get this thing moving faster.
  2. Mylomine

Could that cause the fan to receive less power? This addition to the house was not done very well. When I pulled the fan off yesterday there were a lot of wires in ceiling. There is one red and white coming out for the fan. Then there are about 5 white that are all touching each other with a...
  3. Mylomine

Hey there DonL, I took the fan down today and it appears to be wired correctly. Check the voltage and it is coming in at 120. So we are good there. So this leads me to believe that the capacitor may be the culprit now. Only problem is I'm not which one is the capacitor. There are two back box...
  4. Mylomine

Update: I bypassed all switches and the fan is still running slow. The fan is getting 120V. Sounds like the fan is wired incorrectly up above. I will take the fan down next weekend and check the wiring up there. Thanks for all the help everyone. Josh
  5. Mylomine

I did buy all three fans at the same time. However the original fan in my room was doing the same thing so I returned it and replaced it with an identical fan which proceeded to have the same issues which led me to believe the fan was not the culprit. As for the SPST or SPDT, I'm not sure...
  6. Mylomine

Would you suggest that I disable one of the switches and then see if the problem persists?
  7. Mylomine

It's not two separate switches that control the light vs. the fan. There is a one switch on the north wall that gives all power to the fan and light. There is also one switch on the south wall that controls all power to the fan. If I turn on the power to the fan with the north switch then I can...
  8. Mylomine

I have tried all three speeds on the fan by pulling the chain. I would say that when the fan in my room is on high it is comparable with low to medium with the other two identical fans in other rooms.
  9. Mylomine

Hi DonL and first off, thanks for replying. The lights don't appear to be dim and seem to be operating normally. Is there a way to check the voltage without completely taking the fan down? Now I have heard one of the switches make a sparking noise once in awhile. Is this what you are...
  10. Mylomine

So I have three identical ceiling fans in my home. Two of them run on a single normal wall switch and seem to operate as expected. The ceiling fan in the master bedroom however does not. This is the second fan I bought for this room because the first fan operated slow as well which leaves me to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks