Recent content by MTy

1. MTy

Do I need a new cartridge or seats and springs?

I have a T24859 with stops that is leaking from the showerhead. It also leaks from the rain showerhead when the diverter is switched. I believe it's also the cause of a new cold/hot water crossover issue. No leaks when stops are shut. I emailed Delta for a new cartridge because I'm 99% sure...
  2. MTy

New Hybrid Water Heater Install

And there is no local amendment negating that section so I'll be installing the neutralizer.
  3. MTy

Yes, high efficiency Trane natural gas furnace. I think there was originally an air handler there as there is still one for the upstairs. I suspect that is why there was no neutralizer there before. Why one wasn't added when the furnace went in...idk.
  4. MTy

Thanks everyone for all the help. Got it hooked up last night. It's in electric only mode right now until I can get the condensate line hooked up this weekend. After a closer look I'm pretty sure the current condensate line drains down and ties into the bar sink drain line on the first floor...
  5. MTy

Yup fiber washers (certainly aren't rubber so assuming fiber). So I'll try Whitney's quarter turn suggestion and go from there. Just didn't want to over tighten.
  6. MTy

I'll get a picture once I get this water heater hooked up and running so I can have hot water. Cold showers are absolutely no fun. Going to put it in all electric mode until this weekend when I can take a proper look at the condensate line. That being said got the cold line all hooked up and...
  7. MTy

Need help - leaking shower stall with no clear cause

Did you try the hot shower right after the cold or on separate days? I just can't imagine how condensation could build to that level. From personal experience I can tell you it is possible to go 4 years (prev owner had the original shower torn out and replaced for sale purposes) with an...
  8. MTy

Need help - leaking shower stall with no clear cause

Not a pro but learned a lot about building showers from the folks at johnbridge.com when I was building mine. The guys here are great plumbers but this sounds like more a tile shower issue. One thing I learned was tile and grout are not waterproof and in a properly constructed shower you should...
  9. MTy

Probably hook a garden hose to the drain just to be on the safe side. I have no idea where the condensate line for the furnace goes or if there is a neutralizer. It's original to the house (built in 78). It drops under floor boards in the attic and then out of sight.
  10. MTy

The project has been a bear. Should finish up tonight. Moving the heater to the other side of the attic, about 4 feet tripled my work because I had to run some pipe under the floor and had to redo previous piping I could have made use of. Not to mention I have learned that some 3/4 copper and...
  11. MTy

Can it be too cold for flux? Otley 95 flux won't stick to the cleaned pipe. Its about 40-45 in the attic right now. I left the flux in the 50 degree garage overnight. I warmed it up though.
  12. MTy

Getting it into the pan wasn't too bad with three of us. Stacked some board until they were a bit higher than 6 inches, taped them together, then one person held them while we rocked one end of heater onto them the last person slid the pan underneath and we rocked it until we got it where we...
  13. MTy

Right most tanks are top fed so physics wise in order to get it high enough it would have to be above the tank. However as Reach mentioned, my heater has a compressor on top. So I think I should be ok to get it above the tank but shouldn't have to make taller than the unit. That's more what I...
  14. MTy

Factoring in a vacuum relief valve and placement of the water heater to account for clearance required for filter and intake and ceiling slope (inlet and outlet will face to the back) I have come up with this new plan for line routes. Am I correct in my understanding that the vac relief valve...
  15. MTy

Putting the pan under before taking it up I think will make things more difficult getting it up but putting it under while on the hand truck might be a stroke of brilliance. I might also keep it on electric only mode for a couple days after putting it in in case I've up set any of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks