Recent content by Mswlogo

1. Mswlogo

Looking for recommendations for filtration system

His softener resin might need replacing too and probably over worked with tired Katalox. I think his system, as is, might do the job and just needs a major refresh.
  2. Mswlogo

Is 60000 grains too big for 2 people?

15 grains * 100 gallons * 30 days is 45,000 grains So it’s more than you need but not excessively more. That’s pretty hard water. Test strips are not that accurate.
  3. Mswlogo

Can Clack WS1 show gpm during backwash?

When my Clack WS1 Valve is in Normal Filter mode I can step through various displays (gallons left on regen, gpm etc.). Can I display gpm during backwash? I tend to not want to mess with the valve while in the regen cycle as I don’t want to mess it up. Be kind of nice to check what it...
  4. Mswlogo

Regen Periodically with High Salt Dose?

With those numbers you’d be regen-ing every 2.5 days. That’s 22 40 Lb bags of salt a year. Most systems are sized to regen between 7-14 days. Besides getting something to measure hardness you should probably get a full professional water test and make sure there isn’t any other problems...
  5. Mswlogo

Small tank Katalox AIO3 Iron filter (35" media tank physical space restrictions)

I don’t think the little bit of air in the top of any tank will work very well due to the small contact area short exposure time. I have air injection on mine but I never bothered to use it. I’d be curious if it makes a big difference for anyone. I have 7.7 Iron and Filox (similar stuff) and...
  6. Mswlogo

Regen Periodically with High Salt Dose?

6 lbs per regen sounds really low for that much hardness. Are you sure it’s not 6 lbs / cu ft? 17 gpg is considered extremely hard water. How many cu ft resin do you have? How have you set up all your other parameters?
  7. Mswlogo

How do you prep a new Softener Brine tank?

I think I figured out how it works and how to prep it. I have it programmed to pretty low capacity 20,000 because I don’t want it going to long between regens because of Manganese. Shooting for 14 days. So it’s only putting in water for 6.5 lbs of salt. And that comes to 2500 gallons. I run...
  8. Mswlogo

less verbose form of my questions above Do I just put a little extra water into brine tank (first time) (on top of the normal fill amount)? Can I use 4.5 lbs salt at 15,000 grains capacity (on a 1.5 cu ft system)?
  9. Mswlogo

One other question. I’m running at 6 lbs per cu ft. Which is 9 lbs per regen or 30,000 grains on a 48,000 grain softener. But at our water usage rate that might regen past 28 days. Maybe 45. If I only have 0.5 ppm of Manganese is that still a problem keeping it in the resin for that long? Is any...
  10. Mswlogo

Just installed 1.5 cu Clack WS1 water softener and seems to be working good. But I have not put salt in yet (I’ll be using Potasium). And have a few questions. During a regen cycle does it suck the brine dry? I know I can force it through cycles to get it to the fill stage and let it fill it...
  11. Mswlogo

Water softener (& size) vs Calcite to solve Manganese

The First filter is a 1.5 cu ft Filox. It’s doing a good job getting rid of all the iron. But their might have been a trace getting through. That’s partly why I didn’t want to mess with that. We have 7.7 ppm Iron (but I think it varies seasonally). Since pH was 7.0 Filox didn’t get the...
  12. Mswlogo

Water Softener is in and Manganese is now 0 ppm It’s 1.5 cu ft. Of Resin. I set it to 9lbs for 30,000 grains (6lbs per Cu ft) Hardness I set to 8 (rounded up from a little over 7. My hardness is 3.7 with Manganese at 0.5 ppm. It reported regen every 3600 gallons. But I also set it to not...
  13. Mswlogo

I tried doing a Manganese test right at the output of the iron filter immediately after a back wash (and a good 20 min flush) and no change in Manganese level. This is a really good article on removing Manganese. It says if the conditions are right a water softener is great tool for removing...
  14. Mswlogo

Thanks for all that info. Since I only have around 0.3 mg/L (or ppm) of Manganese. That would be .3 * 88 ppm = 26 ppm (1.5 grains) right? That should be a breeze for any water softener. And my hardness is 3.5 grains. My Filox is 1.5 cu ft. Backwashed every other day at around 13 gpm. We use...
  15. Mswlogo

I have a Filox filter which is getting rid of all the Iron but barely a dent in the Manganese ~0.3 mg/L My ph is around 7.0 I think I have 2 options. Option #1) Add a Calcite filter that might bring pH up to 7.5 (at best) with the hope that the Filox will take out the Manganese. I know that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks