Recent content by mrspaceman

1. mrspaceman

Kohler K-401 Mixing valve, Cartridge Repair or Replace?

Kohler K-401 Mixing Valve So here I am exactly two years later with the same problem. I have a Kohler K-401 mixing valve in my shower. Two years ago, the water started running cool to warm, even though the valve was turned to as hot a temperature as possible. I ended up replacing the Kohler...
  2. mrspaceman

PS - I am the original owner - - whew. Kohler has been great responding to warranty issues. Of course, the fact that this is the second Kohler item (other was a kitchen faucet) that failed is not a good thing. Items were both 7 years old.
  3. mrspaceman

Hard to tell. I measured the inlet temp by turning on the hot water at the bathroom sink. It reads 130 steady.
  4. mrspaceman

I have a shower with a K-401 Mixing valve. Shower used to be hot enough, but now it runs luke warm though the temperature control is max'd out (I have the mixing valve turned all the way hot without the limit stop installed). Hot inlet water temperature is about 130. It doesn't look like...
  5. mrspaceman

electrical contacts on Pressure switch

Thanks all - problem solved. But one last question: I thought Square D was a solid brand. The only other company that I could find who sell pressure switches was Flotec/Parts2O/STA-RITE Industries. I got the switch from our local ACE hardware. Regardless, I went to Home Depot and bought...
  6. mrspaceman

The name plate rating on the pump is 5.5A @230V or 1265W or about 1.7 HP There is most definitely arcing on both of the "bad switches". Any idea why the switch would be turning on and off so fast? I can't believe that the pressure would be cycling much and that fast. Switch is mounted to...
  7. mrspaceman

On Friday, I had no water in the house. Inspected my jet pump and pressure switch. Found that the diaphram on the 4 year old pressure switch was leaking. I replaced the pressure switch with a copy - Square-D 30/50 pressure switch rated for 115 or 230v. I run it at 230V. Turned on the power...
  8. mrspaceman

Stuck galvanized steel elbow

Hi. I'm in the process of replacing vanities in my bathroom. I've opened the wall since I needed to move the sinks. Discharge line running out of the bathroom is 1.5" Galvanized steel with a right angle elbow where it broke the wall for the old sink. I want to remove the elbow and...
  9. mrspaceman

Low Water Pressure

Thanks Finally got back to my pressure issues and this thread. Thanks to all for the response(s). Sounds like the best solution is not to complicate my life and replace the jet pump with a submersible. Frankly, I'm a bit out of my league and would likely call a well company. Anyone want...
  10. mrspaceman

Low Water Pressure

Any thoughts on these pressure boost pumps? Literature says that it can boot pressure to 60 or so PSI.
  11. mrspaceman

Low Water Pressure

My house has low water pressure and I was hoping to get some help either diagnosising the problem or coming up with a fix. Here are the details. Our well is in a pit beside the house. The well has a deep-well jet pump that (my guess) is about 8 years old. The problem first became apparent...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks