Recent content by Mrosenb

1. Mrosenb

Under kitchen sink advice

I just replumbed under the kitchen sink. The ground wires from the disposal and dishwasher were clamped to the copper supply lines as seen in the photo. I understand this is no good and should be instead be clamped within 5ft of the main supply in the basement. Can I connect the two appliance...
  2. Mrosenb

Dishwasher drain replacement

I’m replacing a dishwasher drain hose. I see the option for a rubber dishwasher drain hose but the smallest diameter is 5/8. Does it matter if I replace the current 1/2 in diameter with a 5/8 in hose?
  3. Mrosenb

Main stack and bathroom advice

I glued the trap adapter directly to the san tee. Did I mess up? Should I cut out the san tee and try again? Or am I ok with the slip joint being just slightly recessed in the wall?
  4. Mrosenb

Is it possible to put in a Geberit or concealed tank to save space? I can see the outflow going down to the drain but I wouldn’t know what to do with the vent. That vent would be in the way.
  5. Mrosenb

It’s just a dry fit now. I wanted confirmation that it looks good before I glue anything. And what about the toilet? Is it ok to use less than 12” rough in to save an inch of space?
  6. Mrosenb

Is the diagonal acceptable or do I need to use the wye with an 8th bend?
  7. Mrosenb

I change out a section of rusted pipe. I’m here looking to make sure I’m doing ok with this. I have a 4” main stack. Stack is secured above with a clamp. I used an upside down san tee for the sink vent at 42” sloped back to the sink at 1/4” per foot. Sink drain with a 45 degree to wye. The...
  8. Mrosenb

Cast Iron dimensions

Thanks. I must have been measuring a lump on the inside. I took another measurement and it was fine. This is just me worrying about every detail. I’ll share photos of the new plumbing when I get it dry fitted.
  9. Mrosenb

Cast Iron dimensions

I want to replace a section of the main stack. The galvanized sink vent is too low and broke off at the threads and the bend under the toilet is starting to rust through. I got the cast secured and cut out the section. I was planning on using 4in pvc and making new sink and toilet connections.
  10. Mrosenb

Cast Iron dimensions

Should I use 3 1/2 pvc or stick with the 4in pvc that I have? I didn’t realize 3 1/2 pvc is an option
  11. Mrosenb

Cast Iron dimensions

My concern is with connecting the pipes where the inside dimensions have almost a half inch difference.
  12. Mrosenb

Cast Iron dimensions

I have a cast iron stack that I’m replacing. I have outside diameter 3.58in and outside diameter 4.27in. Is this normal? Shouldn’t the ID be closer to 4in? Am I ok using PVC with the Fernco P3000-44?
  13. Mrosenb

Mortar bed for acrylic tub

I will go with the piles and report back.
  14. Mrosenb

I spoke with a representative from American Standard this morning. He said the tub does require mortar. Don’t worry about the rails. Support the center of the tub instead. No need for separate piles of mortar. Just a bed of mortar for the center for the length of the tub. He said he’s been...
  15. Mrosenb

Ok so I have the tub out and see the subfloor is pretty close to level. I’m going lay down 2 sheets of tar paper as a shim which will make it perfect. My problem now is with the stringers. If I get the tub to rest perfectly on the floor, the manufacturer’s instructions for the height if...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks