Recent content by MrHappy

1. MrHappy

Splitting 1 bathroom into 2 smaller bathrooms

That was my interpretation as well, but inspector didn't agree and I figured it'd be better and easier to make the relatively small change and stay on his good side rather than try and continue to argue the point since I'll likely have more renovations coming in future years
  2. MrHappy

It went well. Not 100% finished still as we are waiting on custom glass for the shower in one of the bathrooms. The inspector didn't like having bathroom groups in separate rooms, so they made me dry vent the toilet (WC bathroom group 1 in my sketch). They still allowed vertical wet venting of...
  3. MrHappy

Can't stop sink tailpiece from wobbling with 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 reducing washer

Thanks for the reassurance! I hooked it all up and even though it's still a little wobbly there doesn't appear to be any leaks.
  4. MrHappy

Can't stop sink tailpiece from wobbling with 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 reducing washer

I have a 1-1/4 tubular tailpiece coming from a new sink. I have a 1-1/2 sch 40 drain and was planning on converting immediately to 1-1/2 tubular with the tailpiece extender. However, I'm not sure if the reducing washer isn't fitting correctly? It is hand tightened as much as possible and it...
  5. MrHappy

How to get 3" fittings installed with minimal movement available?

@Tuttles Revenge @wwhitney it worked great, thanks for the advice!
  6. MrHappy

How to get 3" fittings installed with minimal movement available?

I was able to get everything in this main stack dry fitted perfectly, but then I started gluing all together from the top down which I realize was a bad choice since I now have no movement available to slip on the last 3" wye. How do I go about fixing this? I am ok cutting further down on the...
  7. MrHappy

I appreciate the rely! Glad to hear everything looks good as well! As for the 2" cleanout, I thought it needed an access point since it is changing from vertical to horizontal there? All the drains will be in an unfinished room of the basement, so it will be accessible easily.
  8. MrHappy

I am in MN which follows the 2020 UPC. I am splitting a 10x7 full bath into 2 smaller 5x7 baths (3/4 one side, full other side). To accomplish this the existing fixtures & drains will all have to be moved. There is an existing 1.25" vent which I'll be reusing (upping the size to 2") as well as...
  9. MrHappy

Moving 1.5" copper vent pipe exposed during kitchen soffit removal

Dang ok. This is in MN so the weather does get quite cold. The 90 would be almost touching the roof, only an inch or 2 to spare. I could spray a bit of closed cell foam in that section if that'd help at all? Or do you think it'd be best to just leave it as is and not move the pipe at all as it'd...
  10. MrHappy

Moving 1.5" copper vent pipe exposed during kitchen soffit removal

Doing a kitchen remodel which involved removing the soffit for cabinets to the ceiling. All went well except it revealed the vent for kitchen (and also vents laundry room sink, floor drain, and washing machine below kitchen). I was hoping the vent would be covered in the top portion of a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks