Recent content by Mralalex

1. Mralalex

Radiant Floor Not Keeping Up

I have found another pump curve chart with just the pump I have. Grundfros UP 15-42 F. As for pex size, I found factory applied writing on the tubes stating the pex is 5/8”.
  2. Mralalex

Unfortunately there arnt any markings, writing or indicators of tube length. Seeing as this is all buried in concrete I don’t see any way or finding this information out. I did realize the pex size is 5/8” (not 3/4” as I mentioned earlier). The upper pump is a Grundfros - one speed and the...
  3. Mralalex

I am not an expert on heating load. After googling and using a crude calculator it said I should require 48,000 BTU. I entered square footage, average amount of windows, average insulation, ceiling height, region (blue) and a couple others.
  4. Mralalex

My expansion tank had only 2-3 psi. I added more air. Time will tell if it’s holding. I did not get any water out of it. After continuing my research on this. I’m wondering if my circulator pump is too small? I have a delta T of 30-35 degrees as return temp is 85-90°. My floors never feel toasty...
  5. Mralalex

When looking at the lower pump. Just to the right where the two T’s are piped in, there is a ball valve in between them. Right below the green corrosion. Should this be closed to prevent a “short circuit” or is being open correct?
  6. Mralalex

Gauges read pressure and temperature. Upper gauge reads 120° when operating. With pressure usually around 28 psi when operating. I have seen the pressure as low as 5 psi. Lower gauge is the same design. Temperature usually reads 85-90 while operating with psi around 30. It does make me feel...
  7. Mralalex

Thanks for info. I am aware of the different solutions for drafty windows and doors. I apologize for the mountain of text on the original post but I wanted to give a little context to the situation. All floors have ceramic tile. I appreciate the insight on the boiler piping. The different...
  8. Mralalex

Picture for reference.
  9. Mralalex

Good evening, I am a new user but have used your site for reference for years. There are some very knowledgeable people on here. I am now able to officially thank you for all the help in the past. On to the question that finally stumped me and made me sign up. I recently bought a new to me...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks