Recent content by Mr. Fixit

1. Mr. Fixit

moving an island

EMT is still legal in concrete, even "for today's codes". PVC may be better but not required. Not busting up the entire kitchen floor if I don't have to.
  2. Mr. Fixit

moving an island

It was both of those but also necessary as the island that this circuit services is moving. Was just looking for some final verification that it looks done correctly before I seal it up.
  3. Mr. Fixit

moving an island

Ok gents made some progress over the weekend. I removed the island and dug out the conduit, it was a little rusted but only in the section I cut off so no reason to replace all of it. I installed a new section with compression fittings in another trench I dug. How did I do? I also...
  4. Mr. Fixit

moving an island

Ok maybe it's not EMT. What would have been normally installed in a slab-on-grade home 30 years ago?
  5. Mr. Fixit

moving an island

I'd rather not replace the whole thing with PVC, that would require pulling up tiles I didn't intend to and digging into a wall I plan to leave alone. Maybe it's not EMT? I'll try to get a picture tonight. As I said this house was built in 1980 (31 years old) so the conduit has lasted at...
  6. Mr. Fixit

moving an island

Thanks Jadnashua, we're only talking about 75 sq ft of tile so I think I'll save myself some trouble and tile before setting the cabinet. I plan to tapcon in some 2x4's and screw the cabinet to that, so will be same with/without tile. As for the electrical, still want to hear from the experts...
  7. Mr. Fixit

moving an island

Noo not an earthquake, just a kitchen remodel :D Re-doing our kitchen that is original to our 1980 slab-on-grade Florida home. Part of the project is to turn a built-in table into a counter-height island with seating. To that end, the whole island is moving closer to the kitchen work area...
  8. Mr. Fixit

Shower valve install ?????

HJ, I have the exact same situation: Big thermostatic valve on a block and furring strip wall. I don't want to build out the wall as it's a small shower and I think it would look funny with a box or such framed out in what will eventually be tile. Am I asking for trouble to make the "big...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks