Recent content by Mpt1123

1. Mpt1123

Adding Drip Emitter to existing system

Hello: First time owning a home with a sprinkler system, so this is all new to me. The zone closest to the house is brown tubing that is weaved throughout the foundation plants. Looks like little holes are punched in it to act like a soaker house for the plants. Other than one of the holes...
  2. Mpt1123

Inconsistent Hot Water

There is no 'Y' on the utility sink. Thanks for the process to identify the problem faucet. Right now the supply lines to all of the faucets are turned on and the water is hot everywhere. I haven't replaced anything. Clearly something is temporarily causing the problem which eventually clears.
  3. Mpt1123

Inconsistent Hot Water

After doing some research, what I thought was a unique situation, actually appears to be rather common with single handle faucets. All of the faucets in the house - except for one - are single lever (excluding the showers). After turning off the cold water supply on the faucets it appears that...
  4. Mpt1123

Inconsistent Hot Water

Since I don't have anything else to do, I went ahead and drained all of the water out of the system. Turned off the well pump. Opened up all of the faucets - to cold and hot - and let the water drain out to a basement faucet. Flushed the toilets, opened the shower valves. Turned the pump...
  5. Mpt1123

Inconsistent Hot Water

The filters are dirty but not clogged enough to impact water pressure. Very fine particles, kinda like dirt/mud. There is no mixing valve on the water heater. There is a vacuum relief valve on the cold water side. Looks like this: Thank You.
  6. Mpt1123

Inconsistent Hot Water

Settle back, this is a long one. A few times a year we have a problem with hot water. The faucets and shower throughout the house have different hot water temps. The kitchen sink is red hot, the powder room and shower is lukewarm. Here's some background. At this point, any of these things...
  7. Mpt1123

Kohler Shower dripping

I took the faucet apart and there is no aspirator in the valve body, so there's nothing to clean. As for the dripping from the shower head, it turns out that when I originally installed the faucet years ago the instructions said not to use any spacers when mounting the mixing cap to to the...
  8. Mpt1123

Kohler Shower dripping

Thanks, I'll give that a try and let you know.
  9. Mpt1123

Kohler Shower dripping

Here's an odd one for everyone. I have a Kohler Rite-Temp shower faucet that periodically will not get hot enough. It gets hot, just not enough for a comfortable shower. I've done this several times and here's the process. I replace the valve and the plastic diverter. This does not fix the...
  10. Mpt1123

Any opinions on the Constant Pressure Systems

My well is about 300' and the pump is about 18 years old. I had the bladder tank replaced about 15 years ago. Over the last year or so the water pressure seems low. I checked the bladder and it's about 1/3 filled with water. Instead of replacing it, a plumber I know suggested replacing the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks