Recent content by MOV

1. MOV

Toilet Stored Outside in Below-Freezing Cold?

Thanks guys. It wasn't that cold out in the garage anymore (30s and 40s recently) so I brought it inside and let it warm up slowly & acclimate for about 2 days before installing. Thanks for the advice!
  2. MOV

Toilet Stored Outside in Below-Freezing Cold?

This is kind of a weird, probably dumb question... We bought a new toilet about 6 months ago because we were anticipating a bathroom remodel to be finished sooner rather than later. All told, the remodel was delayed, involved far more work and took WAY longer (of course), so we are just now...
  3. MOV

Replace toilet flange w/ old thinner (schedule 30?) PVC?

Thanks, though I would need a 3" version, such as this one. https://www.amazon.com/Genova-Products-65330-Schedule-Adapter/dp/B000BQW9FM The description says "3 inch adapter bushing adapts 3 inch schedule 30 to 3 inch schedule 40" so I just wanted to be 100% sure this thin wall stuff I have is...
  4. MOV

Pardon my ignorance... based on the information about the old pipe: 3" FEDERAL MOGUL THIN WALL DWV ASTMD 2949 PVC TYPE 1 Inside diameter is 3". Outside diameter is 3.28" Pipe walls are 0.14" thick. ... is anyone able to officially identify and confirm the type of pipe this is? I've seen the...
  5. MOV

I've found recommendations for these two different types of adapters: https://www.supplyhouse.com/Fernco-3009-33-3-x-3-ProFlex-Coupling-Thinwall-PVC-to-Sched-40-PVC Would you trust that connection right under a toilet? (We have a new Kohler Cimarron going in)...
  6. MOV

Ok, here's what I've got. It reads: 3" FEDERAL MOGUL THIN WALL DWV ASTMD 2949 PVC TYPE 1 Inside diameter is 3". Outside diameter is 3.28" Pipe walls are 0.14" thick.
  7. MOV

The way I see it, these are my 2 options. Obviously it would be preferable to install a new flange and keep the subfloor as one piece... but I'm stumped as to how to connect a new flange to the pipe so I'll have to do option B if I can't.
  8. MOV

Hi all, We had rotted subfloor in our bathroom that has since been torn out and I'm ready to lay down the new plywood. The problem is getting the plywood under the lip (outer ring) of the toilet flange. Ideally I'd like to just saw it off and glue a new flange in after the floor is installed...
  9. MOV

Which toilet flange repair ring to use?

I know, replacing the whole flange would be ideal... but it's just not in my skillset or budget right now. So the repair ring is going to have to get the job done for me. :) It's just a matter of using the traditional wax (and/or extended or stacked wax rings) versus the Fernco wax-free seal...
  10. MOV

No one has any thoughts on the Fernco wax-free seal or the Set-Rite kit (compared to using regular wax or extended or stacked wax rings)?
  11. MOV

Actually, in addition to that Fernco wax-free seal I linked to above, here's something else someone recommended to me: Here's the key part about how this works -- To a non-plumber, DIY-er, both of these products look good and simple, and SEEM like they'd work.... but any thoughts by you...
  12. MOV

Thanks for the replies. I think this is still probably outside of my skill set. :o And the ones I've seen which go down into the pipe wouldn't fit inside this one, as it looks like it narrows from 4" to 3" right at the top. Unless I'm missing something, of course... But without taking out that...
  13. MOV

So our old toilet was knocked loose surprisingly easily, and we removed it to find this: The flange is embedded in the concrete. And the bolts were NOT in the proper slots on the left & right; rather, they were in the warped/broken notches on the top and bottom (where the concrete was carved...
  14. MOV

Fernco Wax-Free Seal VS. plain wax ring VS. wax + black plastic flange?

Hi everyone, I'm installing my first toilet (couldn't afford the Toto like we wanted, so we went with the American Standard Cadet 3 "Flush Right"), and the instructions say to use a wax ring. So I bought a Bol-Wax No.1. Then I removed the old toilet and found a wax ring with a black...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks