Recent content by Mountain Stream

1. Mountain Stream

Treating ~6 mg/L Iron Contaminant in Well Water

I'm trying to poke holes in each option and you are doing well to patch them with good advice and experience. I feel better about the technologies described. Now, I need to settle on the best bang for the buck. Thanks!
  2. Mountain Stream

Well, I've been further researching options. Here are the recommended systems from vendors and the negative comments from other vendors, in [brackets]: Softener. [It will not get the metals out - will not disinfect.] Oxidizing (Air) Iron Filter with Magnesium Oxide Media followed with...
  3. Mountain Stream

What strikes me is how small these optional adds to AIO systems. I cannot grasp how they could have any significant effect. Would you please share what level of maintenance is required with a full residential O3 system?
  4. Mountain Stream

I am very grateful for your input - for your experience in the field. This is the independent information on AIO that I am in desperate need of understanding. It's remarkable how many claims are out there. Solutions are all over the map. Quick results with a cursory web search gives the...
  5. Mountain Stream

skyjumper: What experience/problems have you had with your air injection?
  6. Mountain Stream

Thank you sir! What do you think about air injection iron filters, with and without ozone?
  7. Mountain Stream

The 20-y/o softener has been maintained (marginally). I replaced the valve piton once. Hard to find Culligan parts. The media bed never has been changed during the eight years I've owned the house. Looking at videos ... it doesn't look too hard to change the media bed. I have added Iron Out...
  8. Mountain Stream

Hello DIY Love Forum, My well water is high in iron and the water stinks. It stinks maybe three times a year, primarily in the hot water. I would like to treat the water so it is safe for brushing teeth, does not stain the fixtures, is not smelly, and does not clog the piping. I shock the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks