Recent content by Mosho

1. Mosho

Wall mounted toilet, bathroom sink and laundry drains rough-in in slab

Thanks! there is a clean-out about 6 ft downstream from here. Can you elaborate on why you wouldn't recommend it? I was thinking I would double the studs around it as well.
  2. Mosho

Wall mounted toilet, bathroom sink and laundry drains rough-in in slab

Hello! I'm trying to move my toilet rough-in inside a to-be 2x6 wall for a wall mounted toilet. I'm using the opportunity to also move a 2'' pipe that prevents me from finishing part of a future bathroom. Looking at the in wall carrier I have (Geberit 111.335.00.5) I came up with the idea to...
  3. Mosho

Does this copper elbow look okay?

Bent it to fit what? The other copper pipes? If so, I recently changed everything to the left of the image after the meter to PEX so that shouldn't be a problem anymore.
  4. Mosho

Cool, thanks! And yes been there for at least a few decades I would guess
  5. Mosho

I noticed this copper elbow right after the main supply valve looks a little funny, flattened or something compared to new ones: Should I replace it? Thanks!
  6. Mosho

Wye at bottom of in wall carrier

Would it be reasonable to have a wye at the bottom of one of these? e.g. It would be used for a laundry sink, vented near the sink. The toilet's vent is downstream from the wye, though I suppose the laundry sink vent would become a vent for the toilet as well at that point. Thanks!
  7. Mosho

Best drain/vent configuration for washing machine and sinks

Sorry if I left out any critical details! I tried my luck at drawing a diagram...
  8. Mosho

Best drain/vent configuration for washing machine and sinks

Hi! I had a new (dry) 2'' to-be vent added today on the right that is connected to the 3'' toilet drain, and I would like to use it to vent a vanity sink on the perpendicular wall (badly painted in red in the pic), a laundry sink on the opposite side of the wall, and a washing machine off frame...
  9. Mosho

PEX loop/manifold distance between fittings

it's just one more tee than if I did a normal trunk, and none of these branch anywhere else
  10. Mosho

you mean the loop? it's supposed to improve pressure and water distribution versus a trunk, similar to a manifold
  11. Mosho

Hi! I'm building this loop/manifold to split an incoming 1'' PEX line into four 3/4'' ones, two of which fork from a single 3/4''. The place this will fit is pretty tight so I made it rather small, and wanted to make sure it's not too small in some way. The pipes in the picture are 2.5''-3''...
  12. Mosho

Help with redesigning stack

I would very much like not to replace the cast iron, yeah. I might make the wall a bit thicker if I don't think I can accommodate the width with finishes. That's a very good point about cutting things slightly longer... I did do that but I was off in one 3'' pipe somehow and it's not very deep...
  13. Mosho

It's the top left part of the first picture, the 4'' cast iron is right to the right of the pipe with the 22.5. Cast iron is from the toilet and the 1.5'' is the shower and sink. Here it is from below:
  14. Mosho

@wwhitney made good progress, but not sure about this section: The 90 top left is connected to the pipe coming out of the hole in the joist at whatever angle is needed to connect to the 22.5. Should I instead have the 90 go horizontally and use two 22.5s? Something else entirely? I'd remove...
  15. Mosho

@wwhitney Hi! Would it matter if I did the 45 -> 60 -> 45 part at the bottom instead of the top? for drainage but also noise etc. edit: also, would it be beneficial to add a cleanout anywhere? there's one at the bottom of the stack going into the slab.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks