Recent content by Monguila

1. Monguila

Cold water mixing with hot water - Navien tankless water heater, NPE210A

I have a Navien tankless water heater – NPE210A. Two weeks ago, the hot water started turning colder after one of two minutes in the shower. Navien’s support had me troubleshoot the issue as follows: 1. Turn the unit off. 2. Close the isolation valves to the cold-supply and...
  2. Monguila

Controling Navien NPE internal recirculation pump

Hopefully, my experience will help someone. I just installed Navien's HotButton with a "12V 15A Momentary contact switch - RM11," which I picked up from eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/350575987090?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649. Easy installation all around and...
  3. Monguila

Navien 240A suddenly not as hot in internal recirculating mode

Hello. I am having a similar problem that just started last Thursday. Is the pipe you are referring to the one on the left side that goes to the bottom of the reserve tank? Thank You!
  4. Monguila

GPM for dedicated recirculation line.

Thank you very much!
  5. Monguila

GPM for dedicated recirculation line.

Good day everyone. I read somewhere that the GPM on a dedicated 3/4" return line should not exceed 1 GPM. Is there any validity to that statement? My return line is at 4.7 GPM. The total length of the line is +- 120 linear feet, connected to NPE210A. 80% of it is a straight shot along the...
  6. Monguila

Milky white water after regeneration

Thank you everyone for your interests and comments. After regenerating with the new brine tank, the water is crystal clear. And soft...
  7. Monguila

Thank you all for your time and comments. I will post a pic if the valve settings later It is the Econominder valve. The unit performs flawlessly otherwise. I used pellet salt for years, but now have switched to solar crystals, as you and others have recommended. The bottom 6" or so of the old...
  8. Monguila

Sorry about the wrong forum. Thanks for the feedback. I am installing a new brine tank, as the old one was split with about 6" of "rock salt" at the bottom. The well structure was also crushed at the bottom. I will reevaluate after the new tank is in.
  9. Monguila

After some further searching, it appears that it is air that is causing the initial milky film. In fact, looking at the glass carefully confirms that air bubbles are coming up to the surface, then clearing. How is the air getting in the system after a WS regeneration? Is it normal? Or...
  10. Monguila

Hello everyone. I am looking for some guidance on my water softener. 1. Old fleck 5600 valve. 2. I have had the unit for the years with no maintenance. I purchased it second hand and I do not know how long the other owner used it. 3. 10 GPG hardness 4. Settings: 20, with 12 bags of salt...
  11. Monguila

Navien NPE240A with Recirc Pump New Home Build questions

I have the 210A with a dedicated return line that I just installed. The dedicated return line made a significant improvement. I have the recirc pump on a timer, using Navien's remote control. I am very satisfied with the unit and Navien. My WH is in the garbage, as I prefer mechanical units...
  12. Monguila

Tankless recirculation

For what it is wort, I have a Navien NPE series tankless, with a dedicated recirculation line. It works flawlessly. The unit has its own recirculation pump and a small buffer tank.
  13. Monguila

Navien Intelligent Preheating Setting

I just finished running a dedicated return line to the WH, as I was getting tired of hot water in the cold line. Navien also told me that Navicerc restricts water flow. I am in San Diego County, where the chances of below freezing temperatures are minimum. I ran 3/4" CPVC on the outside wall...
  14. Monguila

Navien Intelligent Preheating Setting

Switch 1 should also be off. So, switch 2 ON, P17 ON.
  15. Monguila

Hot water in cold line

As you indicated, that is the nature of the beast. In retrospect, I was confused by a similar post with the same problem. However, that application had a dedicated return line, unlike my application. Thank you again!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks