Recent content by Modrob

1. Modrob

Terribly high water bills, no leaks found…arrrggg!

And NOTHING was any different in their normal, daily lives…
  2. Modrob

BREAKING NEWS: (read this first ) Well…finally got back up to Sis’ place after the snows had died down…I ended up having to drag a broom handle through the snow to find that danged water meter and clear around it for them to get me more pics… I’m still printing 24 Hour and 30 Days Usage...
  3. Modrob

Update: (well, sort-of) On hold right now, due to this friggin snow and cold, and more problems at home… More to tell soon…
  4. Modrob

But…if there was a leak in the ground, AFTER the meter, then it would be constant, and the little dial indicator would be spinning. And the meter would be registering with the digits. Of all the time periods and all the pics we’ve snapped of the meter readings, they all seem to read what I’d...
  5. Modrob

Ok. She did the 5 gallon test yesterday. Turns out her 5 gallons registered about 5.2 on the meter. Another interesting graph finally came up for another 24 hour period. And once again, between 1 and 3 pm, they weren’t home. Not to mention the other hours— constant, but little measured. I...
  6. Modrob

Old Sterling tub three handle set…bad seat?

It’s me again, with another dilemma… Old tub/shower, with Sterling logo on the big handles. I pulled the stem out on one side, and in the back of the mixer valve was a small piece of “plastic” that came out with the stem. Looking inside it appears the back of the stem receptacle has a flat...
  7. Modrob

Sorry I’ve been (am being ) all over the spectrum here—I have so many irons in the fire with fixes, my aging brain has me scattered a lot… Yes, we need to take you guys’ advice and get a test measurement. I have sis slated to do the five gallons thing hopefully tonight (Friday)… And, I can’t...
  8. Modrob

This was the graph I was trying to add a day or so before. Notice the constant heavy usage Dec5 thru Dec 16…and then the drastic difference following…
  9. Modrob

I think this image will load here…this is the latest available from the portal site, the 24hr period of Jan. 1. The girls were at my house up until getting home around 6pm, where you can see the usage start. The way I read this: 7 to 8pm 1700 gal. 8-9pm 1000 gal. 9-10pm 1700 gal. That’s 4400 gal...
  10. Modrob

Yes, that’s what I thought too, and the lady at the company phone yesterday said same… The portal is our way of monitoring what is going on daily, and is relevant because the figures it’s showing are more in line with the billing—the meter is not. (according to my understanding of it—seems...
  11. Modrob

Funny, but at this very moment I was wondering if I’m reading the scale wrong? It says “gallons (in hundreds)” and then 0–10–20–30. Yes, I like your idea of testing. We got another meter reading this afternoon at 4:05pm. From last night at 9:30pm until today at 4:05, the meter reading shows a...
  12. Modrob

Funny, but at this very moment I was wondering if I’m reading the scale wrong? It says “gallons (in hundreds)” and then 0–10–20–30. Yes, I like your idea of testing. Except the portal doesn’t show same day info or maybe a couple days—right now the latest info is 11pm on Dec 31… We got another...
  13. Modrob

I went ahead and made a call to the company with a general question about reading their graphs online…the lady told me, yes, each of those segments would be added together! Yikes!
  14. Modrob

You know, I just thought about that this morning—I’ve been focusing on the highest graph segments but it appears like I would need to add each hour or segment together? I’m about ready to try and call the company for some clarity, but haven’t yet—I’m pretty sure they won’t talk to me since I’m...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks