Recent content by modernhistorian

1. modernhistorian

Help requested to find Honeywell powerhead or substitute

I own a condo in a commercial building that uses chilled or heated water (depending on season) in the HVAC. The controlling valves in my two systems are Honeywell: 120 VAC, two position zone valves with aquastats, and both have failed. I was able to locate one powerhead,part number 40003916-045...
  2. modernhistorian

Tank cracked. Replace tank or toilet?

The Entrata arrived after nearly two weeks. I followed the sticky-posted procedure except that I set the bowl before installing the tank. The tank did fit, with about 1/4 inch gap to the wall. I have a tile floor and used three composite shims to level, two in back on either side and one on the...
  3. modernhistorian

Thanks, Reach4 and Terry. I've ordered the Entrada for pickup at Home Depot, and a waxless seal in case I do need to shim away from the wall. I put in the three toilets originally, so I hope to have no major problems. If I do, I'll ask here!
  4. modernhistorian

Yes, that looks good and is available (but not in stock) at the big box. It's a 12" rough-in; would it have at least 3/8" tolerance on that?
  5. modernhistorian

Thanks for the prompt reply. The bolts are 11 5/8" from the wall (the master bathroom toilet is 12") and I will plan on replacing the whole toilet. The lavatory is 65" wide, so size is not an issue and we prefer the elongated bowl. It should be moderately priced and readily available. This...
  6. modernhistorian

The downstairs lavatory has an American Standard Cadet toilet. It's a 12" offset, but the rough-in plumbers set the 3" stack a little too close and the tank contacts the drywall. The other two toilets have gaps behind the tank. Perhaps this explains why, 15 years later, the tank on this one...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks