Recent content by Mntentman

1. Mntentman

Trouble removing excess silicone from sink

I dissembled the popup to better get at the staining. Tried razor blade, Goof-Off, etc. but nothing worked. Then I tried a pumice "scour stick" and it worked great... took a little elbow grease but it's all nice and clean now. Going to use putty when I reassemble...
  2. Mntentman

Thanks, all. You're right... I should have used putty, but I wasn't thinking. Instructions said silicone, I used silicone.
  3. Mntentman

Hi, I installed a new pop up assembly (Peerless) in this sink, and made a bit of a mess of it, I guess by not getting the excess silicone all cleaned off quickly enough. Still, I figured I would be able to get it removed, got to be a fairly common problem, I would think. But this stuff just...
  4. Mntentman

Best way to attach these pieces for shower drain?

Thanks. That's exactly what I did this afternoon. Got it installed and tested and seems to be all in order. Will try the new shower tomorrow when the caulk has had time to dry. Thanks for all your help and patience.
  5. Mntentman

Thank you, hj. Now it makes sense. (It takes me a while, but eventually...) If you have an example of the brand/model that would work for me, I would appreciate it. Then I'll be done and quit bugging you...
  6. Mntentman

Thanks, hj. I'm confused again, though (par for the course). I'm willing to try something besides the Wing-Tite if it works. With the drain I've been sending pics of, the PVC pipe that fits into the coupling is too wide to drop through this drain... it has a little lip on it, as you can see in...
  7. Mntentman

Decided to go with a Wing-Tite... seems the best solution in this situation.
  8. Mntentman

HJ, I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "finally, you seal the drain to the pipe with whatever device came with it" in first post, and "whatever was supplied with the drain" in your last one. Or what you mean by "the pipe will slide through into the coupling." Pardon my ignorance...
  9. Mntentman

Thanks, guys, I appreciate the assistance. Instructions for the drain are just as you say, silicone under the flange. I don't want to make this any more complicated than it needs to be, and I know I can make enough room to get the pipe connected to the drain and then into the piece below. But...
  10. Mntentman

Thanks, hj, appreciate the info. I see a huge variety of sealants and glue in the plumbing section at the store... any recommendations what would work best for PVC to PVC?
  11. Mntentman

No, no, no.... it is a plastic shower base. The walls are tile, the floor is a plastic base. The drain is a 2" PVC shower drain for preformed bases. The part above the base is just sitting in place right now, waiting to be caulked and screwed into the bottom part. If I was supposed to...
  12. Mntentman

Hi, I have just retiled a shower and now need to reattach the drain plumbing. In the photos, you can see the hole for the drain and the pieces I need to put in below the floor. It's a tight fit, and since the PVC goes through a joist there is not much room to wiggle it... long story short...
  13. Mntentman

How to change shredder blade on leaf blower?

Hi, I have a Stihl leaf blower, and have just purchased a new shredder blade, as the old one will no longer chop up the leaves. But now I am having difficulty figuring out how to remove the old one. Can anyone tell me how? Thanks.
  14. Mntentman

Water coming from under bell... cause?

Thanks, all. I think we have had this seven or eight years. I tried to pop the canopy off, but while the nut turns the bolt or whatever is inside it turns as well so it won't come off. I guess time to have the pros come out and service it.
  15. Mntentman

Water coming from under bell... cause?

Yup... no progress... this is what it does.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks