Recent content by MMG

1. MMG

Leaky shower worse after replacing stem and seat

I replaced the hot stem again (already replaced the cold stem for the second time). Put pipe dope on both seats. No more drip! Thank you for the help!
  2. MMG

I replaced the hot stem again (already replaced the cold stem for the second time). Put pipe dope on both seats. No more drip! Thank you for the help!
  3. MMG

They were identical as far as I could tell. I was able to extend and retract them the same as the old parts. I can certainly get some dope and try that. What do you mean by flushing with the stems removed? How do I do that without getting water in the wall?
  4. MMG

It’s leaking from the shower head itself. I replaced the entire stem and seat due to there being some pretty significant damage to the brass where that washer sits.
  5. MMG

I recently purchased a home built in 1990. The two handled shower (no tub) began dripping last week, and I could hear the valve running despite tightening the handles as much as possible. I replaced the stems (pretty corroded) but was unable to loosen the seats. The part is Danco 15884B 9B-3H...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks