mliu's Recent Activity

1. mliu liked Plumb Sob's post in the thread Shower valve/drop ear depth problem.

:D [IMG]

Jan 19, 2020 at 12:34 PM
  2. mliu replied to the thread Shower valve/drop ear depth problem.

You're welcome. Don't forget to "wrench it softly." ;):D

Jan 19, 2020 at 6:12 AM
  3. mliu liked Plumb Sob's post in the thread Shower valve/drop ear depth problem.

The threaded part is separate from the arm. It's what i would call a fitting. Half of it is threaded and the other half is a cylinder...

Jan 19, 2020 at 6:10 AM
  4. mliu replied to the thread Shower valve/drop ear depth problem.

In any case, it seems to me the solution is a sweat x sweat drop ear elbow and a copper sweat x FIP adapter with a short piece of copper...

Jan 19, 2020 at 5:24 AM
  5. mliu replied to the thread Shower valve/drop ear depth problem.

You mentioned sliding the arm onto the threaded part. But the threaded part and the square part look like they are machined from a...

Jan 19, 2020 at 5:19 AM
  6. mliu replied to the thread Shower valve/drop ear depth problem.

The problem with this idea is, if in the future someone tries unscrewing the arm to replace it, they could inadvertently unscrew that...

Jan 19, 2020 at 4:30 AM
  7. mliu replied to the thread Shower valve/drop ear depth problem.

Are the fixture instructions online for us to read? I'm trying to imagine how the face of that fitting can be 3/16" from the finished...

Jan 19, 2020 at 4:12 AM
  8. mliu replied to the thread Shower valve/drop ear depth problem.

Photos and/or drawings (preferably both) would help immensely in these types of posts, especially when you're using obscure technical...

Jan 19, 2020 at 12:43 AM
  9. mliu replied to the thread Brass fitting split causing leak-can I avoid this?.

You've given us a lot of information. Except you left out one critical detail: what thread sealant did you use? I'm guessing PTFE tape...

Jan 19, 2020 at 12:28 AM
  10. mliu replied to the thread Sink backup.

I would cut the spike short with a utility knife (or plastic) or a hacksaw and then reattach the saddle tightly. That way you don't have...

Jan 18, 2020 at 6:07 PM
  11. mliu replied to the thread New kitchen sink is deeper, now trap is too high.

Those strainers are typically all plastic with either a chrome plating or a thin stainless "foil" laminated onto the surface. They are...

Jan 18, 2020 at 4:06 PM
  12. mliu replied to the thread Sink backup.

The RO discharge line is connected to the drain via a saddle fitting. Is it the self-piercing type? If so, then the piercing "spike" is...

Jan 18, 2020 at 3:16 PM
  13. mliu replied to the thread New kitchen sink is deeper, now trap is too high.

I'm not a fan of plastic strainer baskets (they look cheap and ugly inside the sink). So regardless of your clearance issues, I'd...

Jan 18, 2020 at 2:47 PM
  14. mliu liked Sylvan's post in the thread Galvanized Steel or Cast Iron Pipes?.

From personal experiences Many of the so called home inspections are useless as they have no idea what they are looking at One of my...

Jan 18, 2020 at 1:22 AM
  15. mliu replied to the thread PRV vibration.

Ok, so the problem appears to be solely with the PRV. But before we condemn the Watts, consider that the LFN45B-M1 PRV has been in...

Jan 18, 2020 at 1:09 AM