Recent content by MJL

1. MJL

Is black gas pipe ever completely leak free?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and feedback!
  2. MJL

Just wanted to follow up on this in case anyone is having similar problems. After reinstalling the system for a third time, this time with tape AND dope, the leaks appear to have resolved. I've had it pressurized at 15psi for a week now, and due to temp fluctuations the pressure has actually...
  3. MJL

The pipe I've been using is from Indonesia. And it comes with threads from the factory that are unusable. But I've been unable to cut perfect threads in it, either. Always get at least some minor defect. None of the local supply houses even carry US pipe. All of it is overseas, and all of it has...
  4. MJL

I understand PV=nRT. But as I mentioned above, the couple of degrees change in temp wouldn't have made a 10psi drop. None of the piping is outside at this point. All in the basement, with a few stubouts through the floor. The temp is pretty consistent. My question really was: how often do the...
  5. MJL

I understand, but the valve is not leaking. No bubbles when sprayed. As noted before, I've found the leaks and they've all been at pipe joints. I have a thermometer in the basement and temperature has fluctuated maybe a couple of degrees. Definitely not enough for a 10psi drop. And the pressure...
  6. MJL

Yes, I threaded some of it. To the correct depth, according to Ridgid instructions. I originally used Rectorseal yellow (#5, I think) for dope. This time around is was Hercules Block. No appliances connected. All outlets capped.
  7. MJL

The schrader valve isn't leaking, and the temperature hasn't changed enough to cause a 10psi drop. I'm actually finding leaks at joints (soap spray bubbles). I'm just curious what the threshold is for people who do this kind of work day in, day out. Do they do a 10psi test for 15 minutes and...
  8. MJL

After months of chasing down one tiny leak after another in my new LP gas piping installation, I have to wonder if anyone ever gets these things *completely* leak free? I have about 100ft of pipe overall and it can easily hold 10psi for 15 minutes, which seems to be the requirement for passing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks