Recent content by MJDuftler

1. M

Sealant recommendation?

Hi Bob, I hadn't considered the Great Stuff route. Makes sense. And I like the idea of being able to remove it easily if I need to. Thanks, -Matt
  2. M

Air in faucet lines after installing new water tank and non submersible pump

Hi Bob, Thanks for the detailed explanation of why the tank-side check valve is a bad idea. You had answered some questions I had about 1.5 years ago when I was changing the pump and drop-line. I believe you said the same thing then (about removing the check-valve), but I didn't understand...
  3. M

Sealant recommendation?

I've just replaced the poly line from my pressure tank to the well cap. In doing so, I had to chip/gouge out the black sealant that surround the poly/vent/wire that went through the foundation. I spoke to the pump supply house about what to use to replace this sealant and they mentioned Water...
  4. M

Air in faucet lines after installing new water tank and non submersible pump

Hi Bob, What is the safety concern with the check valve at the tank end of the well line? Thanks, -Matt
  5. M

Sputtering from every fixture

I wanted to say thanks to everyone here for the help. We did the job on Monday, and it went just fine. We pulled the pump out in a little over an hour (including digging to uncover the pit). Since the pit was bone dry, everything loosened up no problem. I was pretty surprised since it...
  6. M

I've recruited 2 friends to help, and 1 of them has done this job twice before (1 of the pumps was 160' down). We've got a come-along and some staging just in case we can't pull it by hand. We're planning on doing the job a week from Tuesday. thassler, where did your leak end up being? Was it...
  7. M

Hi Bob, So should my 1st step be to pull and replace the pump (it is very old), or to remove the check valve? How difficult is it to pull a well pump? I believe it is very shallow (there is an 80' notation on the wall by the well line), and our water table is extremely high.) Is...
  8. M

Hi Bob, Thanks for the reply. I have a submersible pump. I don't know if I have a check valve, but I will check once I get home tonight (in about 7 hours). In terms of isolating where the air is coming from, I have bypassed both the water softener and the filter, so it is not coming...
  9. M

Hi Folks, I have a private well, and have been having some serious sputtering issues from all the fixtures in the house lately. It is intermittent, and varies from not happening at all, to violently shaking and spitting water from any fixture that is used. We have never had any well...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks