Recent content by Mitchgo

1. Mitchgo

Another Sandpoint conundrum

Interesting setup. I have a huge feeling there are a lot of code violations here. The pump is fine it's the setup that's not. These pumps CANT have air . Your plumbing - PVC to canoflex with rubber couplers with silicone onto galvi. Any suction of air from those fittings will cause the...
  2. Mitchgo

Do sprinkler systems kill PRV's?

Sounds likes a bit of water hammering is going on. Does the noise happen when the sprinkler system turns on or turns off ( Very important) Are you sure the noise is coming directly from the prv? Where is the PRV located in relation to the point of connection for the irrigation system and...
  3. Mitchgo

Yard flooding

It's possible the cities main is leaking. It's pretty normal for a water districts piping system to have 5-10% of water loss with no knowledge of where it is unless massive investigation is done. I'm not sure if the city will conduct a investigation with an accoustical leak detector from the...
  4. Mitchgo

Turning on sprinkler for spring

Next time if they disconnect the rp, they need to cover up those openings so debris won't get inside of the system.
  5. Mitchgo

Turning on sprinkler for spring

Connect your Back Flow Assembly back up with the Unions. ( Reduced Pressure Back Flow Assembly) and then slowly open up the yellow handle in the inground box.
  6. Mitchgo

Leaking underground. How do I locate the leak?

If the water isn't surfacing above your landscape/ lawn then why would bubbles or food coloring make it up to the surface. I don't believe that would work but good luck if you try. Using a high capacity air compressor with at least 50 CFM would probably show the leak right away. When I said...
  7. Mitchgo

Leaking underground. How do I locate the leak?

The 'pig' wouldn't work in your situation You may want to get a pro in... I've had so many customers who have spent hours doing what you are doing- I swoop in a find the situation in 5 min. Locating leaks for laterals- Step 1- Turn off all sprinkler heads / or dig up and cap all sprinkler...
  8. Mitchgo

Yard flooding

Check with your local codes .. I have a feeling whoever told you that you aren't allowed to dig in the utility easement is wrong. I could be wrong though due to your codes. where I live you must call in for utility locates but digging is okay. As long as they do there locates they aren't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks