Recent content by Mitch_R

1. Mitch_R

Condensate pump question

Gotcha. I was assuming it wasn't smooth all the way through. Thanks again.
  2. Mitch_R

Condensate pump question

Thank you. Do you know how much pvc I need to cut out to have the total length be the same once that piece is inserted? I don’t trust my cutting skills. I might just cut that vertical pvc that run into the pump and use a short piece of garden hose to run into the new pump from the pvc I just cut.
  3. Mitch_R

Condensate pump question

Yes, it is a 96% furnace. I'm attaching a few more pics.
  4. Mitch_R

Condensate pump question

I'll take better pics tomorrow. This is all I have at the moment. Line 1 is the dehumidifier pipe, exiting the side of the dehumidifier, going under it and into the condensate pump. Line 2 is out of the side of the furnace and goes straight down into the pump. Pipe 3 is the one I was hoping to...
  5. Mitch_R

Condensate pump question

Would it function as a vent without the pvc pipe there at all, with just the open hole in the condensate pump?
  6. Mitch_R

Condensate pump question

Can someone tell me what pipe #3 is. Does it have to be there? It goes up from my condensate pump turns 90 degrees, runs along side of the furnace and then turns up 90 degrees and is open on the top. Line #1 is from a dehumidifier. Line #2 is from the hvac unit. The condensate pump seems to...
  7. Mitch_R

junction box has come loose from brick wall

Easy enough. Thanks. Just needed to make sure it more serious steps weren't needed.
  8. Mitch_R

My concern is just that the two screws that go into the brick aren't "gripping" the brick. I'm not sure if there were anchors at one point, but there aren't any now. I'm not really sure it's at risk of coming out/away from the wall, but I noticed the other day that the screw you see in the pic...
  9. Mitch_R

I have a junction box that is screwed into the outside of a brick wall, but the two screws going into the brick are loose. Is there a preferred way to tighten this thing up (replace screws with bigger screws? some kind of adhesive behind the box to hold it to the brick?)? Thanks, Mitch
  10. Mitch_R

Toilet for small space

Does anyone have a particular toilet they would recommend for a small space? I think have 27 inches to work with -that's from the wall to the front edge of the toilet. My other toilets are a Tota Drake (1.6 gallon) and Kohler Santa Rosa. I have been very happy with those, but I think they are...
  11. Mitch_R

How toilets work - holding the handle down for more water

I've seen many comments on here about holding the handle down to get more water in the flush. I think those comments were referring to Toto toilets. Does holding the handle down have the same effect of increasing the volume of water with other brands. Specifically, I'm looking at the Kohler...
  12. Mitch_R

One piece toilets

It's interesting that you compare MaP testing to horsepower because I've told numerous people that shopping for a toilet is as tedious as shopping for a car - the brands, models, sizes, specs, etc. are overwhelming. My plumber swore by the MaP testing, so I've generally been using that in...
  13. Mitch_R

One piece toilets

I'm thinking about getting a one-piece toilet due to the ease of cleaning. On the MaP Testing website, there are no Toto one-piece toilets rated at 1000. Is that possible? Any comments on Toto one-piece toilets (or other brands)? I like the Toto Drake I have, but I'm willing to switch brands...
  14. Mitch_R

Deciding between Toto Drake II, Toto Eco Drake, Toto Ultramax or Kohler Cimarron

What did you end up deciding on? I'm also looking at the Eco Drake and Drake II (and maybe the Drake)? I think I'm leaning toward the Drake II. Have you found any head-to-head comparisons online between the Eco Drake and the Drake II?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks