Recent content by Miket333

1. Miket333

Ditra-Heat Mat Installed Over Plywood

The Ditra-heat mat is a waterproof layer above the shower pan and I will be adding a waterproof membrane on top of the mat to keep the heating cable dry so there should be no water coming into contact with the foam base, at least that's the plan.
  2. Miket333

New problem/question...As I'm ripping out the Ditra mats, it pulled off the membrane that was attached to the foam shower pan. Now I have exposed Styrofoam for my shower base. I'm not finding any information on whether thinset adheres to Styrofoam or not. So, does anyone know if thinset bonds...
  3. Miket333

You're right. The old mats cannot be salvaged due to the thin set hardening and not able to break it away from the fleece without ripping the fleece off the mat. So, I've scrapped that idea and bit the bullet and purchased new mats. Now its just a matter of time and effort pulling up the old...
  4. Miket333

Thanks for your opinion. I am going to rip it out and redo it with the correct thin set. I spoke to a Schluter rep who said I may be able to reuse the Ditra mats if they are cleaned and if the membrane is not overly shredded and damaged...so, will see how that goes.
  5. Miket333

Hello, I just realized I screwed up and installed the Ditra-Heat mat over a plywood underlayment using Tec Full Set unmodified thinset. The options as I see it are 1) rip out mats and reinstall with latex modified, 2) leave as-is and hope the bonding remains intact, 3)??? If the bonding...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks