Recent content by mike95060

1. mike95060

TOTO Eco Drake HET Watersense toilet review and comments. EcoDrake

I have the same "skid mark" problem and I consider it a real negative. When I bought the toilet I was advised by the salesperson at the plumbing supply store to buy a "regular" seat, rather than the TOTO seat, for more comfort. Does the TOTO seat move one forward more than a "regular" seat...
  2. mike95060

Would I be wise to totally redo my tub/shower plumbing?

Delta And All That Plastic When I went in to check out Delta trims I got a stern warning about all the plastic they are now using compared to Santex (more expensive)(and also Porta for faucet) and how over time hot water and plastic equals problems. Do you agree or should I face that in the...
  3. mike95060

Redo Tub/Shower Thanks for all the good advice! I found a Delta model trim I like the look of for the shower/tub (583-SSWF) and for vanity faucet (T14478-SSLHP). I like the style of the Am. Standard (Reliant 3 Satin PVD) better; they are more expensive. So now I will have to see what...
  4. mike95060

Redo Tub/Shower With your help I’m getting somewhere! Thanks. The difference between R10000-UNBX and R10000-UNWS [“with safety stopsâ€]? Can I use any brand trim with the R10000—Delta, Moen, Price Pfister, Am. Standard?
  5. mike95060

I am fixing up my tub/shower in my late 40s house as inexpensively as is reasonable. I had planned to keep the tub and use low cost tile. I am a total novice and I called a plumber to see what he would suggest about the plumbing in the wall which is about 60 years old. Although I have no...
  6. mike95060

High-efficiency toilets are the way to go,

Re: High-efficiency toilets are the way to go In that Toronto Star article it says: "There is a limit – 3.8 litres (per flush) is probably the lowest we'll get," says Gauley. "You still have to get the matter down the drain line and our tests say that's what it takes." I had the Eco Toto...
  7. mike95060

New TOTO Eco Drake toilet Hi Kerry, I’ve only had it a few days so all I can say is so far so good. You’re right that the Eco Drake is not a dual flush. It sounds like the salesman you talked to was a little sketchy on the facts if he told you it was a dual flush. You might check with other...
  8. mike95060

My Eco Drake Installed My Eco Drake is installed and since I can’t really compare it with anything (it replaced a 1951 American Standard model) I will just give my initial impressions. It is an ADA height elongated and initially seems a little high. I think I might appreciate the height...
  9. mike95060

Toto E-Max Flushing System

Help Deciding Jblu, I've ordered an Eco Toto which will be delivered next week, but since I am re-doing the flooring, it won't be installed at least for a couple of weeks. They became available (in the Northern California area) a few weeks ago. None of the retail suppliers I spoke to has sold...
  10. mike95060

Thanks for the response, Terry. I agree, it sure doesn’t make any sense that the Eco Drake, which just came out, was tested (900 MaP) by Mar. 27, 2007, even tho’ it is listed as Drake EL, does it? It is reassuring that I can be a little relax about the Eco Drake possibly not matching the 900...
  11. mike95060

I've done some poking around the web • Very similar to the highly esteemed Drake 1.6. Flush valve difference pictured: http://www.totousa.com/admin/upload/pdfspc/s-cst744el-no.pdf http://www.totousa.com/admin/upload/pdfspc/s-cst744sl-1202.pdf • SamC (posted 07-23-07 under “difference...
  12. mike95060

Has anyone had experience with the Eco Drake or the E-Max Flushing System? Do you know how it compares with the G-Max System? I'd love to use less water, but does it work OK or I'm I asking for TROUBLE? Thanks, Mike95060
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks