Recent content by MIKE007

1. MIKE007

Slip joint

I'm installing an IKEA sink. Can I install a slip joint (1 1/4 PVC to 1 1/2" ABS) in a horizontal position or must be vertical? thanks
  2. MIKE007

Grohtherm 2000 NEW

Thank You Another question: The faucet is coming with a S-shape union. Do I need that? Is a reducer from 1/2 to 3/4. I prefer to use a 3/4 pipe directly from the wall to faucet.
  3. MIKE007

Grohtherm 2000 NEW

I have to install a Grohtherm 2000 bathtub faucet. Is a new installation. At what height from bathtub should be installed? Than you. Here you have a picture of the product:
  4. MIKE007

Bathtub installation

Thank you! I have access from above only.
  5. MIKE007

Bathtub installation

Hello All, I have to install an acrylic bathtub. What brand of silicone should I use? How tide to tread the drain basket to the plastic pipe? What is the proper sequence: installing the p trap and drain pipe first and last the drain basket and overflow or first the pipe to the tub and...
  6. MIKE007

Washing machine valve position

Thank you for suggestion. To make everything more complicated there is no space on side walls: Right is a corner and left a storage cabinet. I have Belanger concealed laundry faucet. Can I install the valves in next room? Is a storage area.
  7. MIKE007

A rusty burst of water everytime...

So a plumber used an iron reducer for a copper pipe?
  8. MIKE007

Washing machine valve position

I will install my laundry set in a small room. The units will be stacked against a wall ~5'. On one side I will have a narrow cabinet. Question: where to install the hot/cold water valve? What is the best position for this setup? Thanks, M.
  9. MIKE007

Venting line above window

For some strange reason I have a venting line above a window in my basement. There is a 1" 1/2 vent on the left side and 2" on the right side that connects above the window and goes up above the roof. May I use a double 1/4 bend upside down for this? The space is tight for a sanitary T + 90...
  10. MIKE007

Hellow and knocking noise in water pipes when running dishwasher

Is there a specific position for a hammer arrester? Can be installed in a horizontal position?
  11. MIKE007

Please criticise my DWV layout

This is a basement bathroom and above is there is a kitchen. Size ~14' X 5'. It may look strange but I want to have a backflow valve for the basement. Most probable we will install a floating vanity, so the valve is under the washer/dryer. Toilet is vented trough sink or bath tube vent. Few...
  12. MIKE007

Drain layout help

What's the best way to hide a back flow valve in a bathroom?
  13. MIKE007

Drain layout help

Thank you. I will come with a better plan in few days. One question: Do you think is a good idea to move the backflow downstream after the two lines are joined? In this way I can have this valve in the furnace room. Previously the valve was sticking out of the floor for 1/2" under the vanity.
  14. MIKE007

Drain layout help

Thank you for your input. The bath will have a separate vent close to the P-trap and the toilet will be wet vented trough sink drain (2"). Actually both vertical pipes are connected together and vented. Question is: Where to connect the bath drain? To the sink drain (picture) or on the left...
  15. MIKE007

Drain size for washer in Canada

Thank you for your answer.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks