Recent content by Mike T.

1. Mike T.

2nd question - this time on resin loss

I just checked - it's a 9" dia tank and the DLFC rubber has "027" on it. I see the V3162-013 listed in my WS1 manual. I'm waiting for a call back from a plumber/softener installer to see if he can replace my resin. I'll ask if he has the new DLFC. Again - thanks Ditto.
  2. Mike T.

Thanks for that Ditto. I always suspected an incorrect DLFC right from the get-go but I got nowhere with the unit supplier as they claimed the DLFC installed was the right one. I'll check into getting the smaller one you mentioned.
  3. Mike T.

I'm sure there is but it's 5 years since last peeked inside and I don't remember. I'll be checking as I need to check the depth of the media to see how much I've lost.
  4. Mike T.

Of course it's mains water and what temp is that? 40? 50? It certainly isn't pre-heated to 100 degrees. Same as any other city I guess. AFAIK it's a #027. So what size DLFC should I have? If you don't know, how can I find out? I'm handy alright (I installed this originally) and I can...
  5. Mike T.

City. No, no chlorine. I don't know what a bladder tank is. I have a glass-wrapped resin tank if that helps. Never. Nope.
  6. Mike T.

Thanks for the replies to my recent brine line connector question. Here's my next question - I have a 5.5yr old WS1 Clack valved water softener that I installed myself. From day-1 I noticed small amounts of resin washed out at every regeneration - maybe a 1/4 teaspoon max. Recently our soft...
  7. Mike T.

Connector name needed.

You nailed it Ditto. Thanks. It shows up on Google Image of "John Guest 3/8" union elbow". The red clip stops the collar going inwards. Pushing the collar in allows the tube to be removed and with the clip in place that tube is going nowhere. It's impossible to pull out. I couldn't get...
  8. Mike T.

Connector name needed.

Oh in for sure as they keep the collar pulled out which clamps the tube with its internal grippers. By the way, after I posted last night I jammed the brine tube down into the brine, bypassing the connector and the float valve. Then I did a manual re-gen and this morning we have soft water...
  9. Mike T.

Connector name needed.

Here is my connector. I think I'll be trying to get a fitting without this type of tube attachment. Something with a more positive connector - something along the lines of what Miali suggested.
  10. Mike T.

Connector name needed.

Hi fellas. 1st post here so be nice to me. I have no soft water and I think I have an air leak in the right angle connector where the brine hose joins the float valve tube. I need the name of this connector - inner teeth and o-ring with a pull out collar that is held out with a red clip...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks