Recent content by Mike Linning

1. Mike Linning

Garden Tub Spout Pipe Too Short

Vee, These are good questions and as I wrote my summary, I wished I had captured better how much was actually shaved off. I know for sure I didn't take off anything near 1/2" at all as I would have the same problem as you describe with the set screw. The way I determined the initial amount...
  2. Mike Linning

Older Moen Monticello Roman Tub trim replacement help

Cross posting my solution for anyone else having these issues.... https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/garden-tub-spout-pipe-too-short.73170/
  3. Mike Linning

I have some updates to how I successfully retro-fitted my Moen faucet into something more current. In my case I went from the Chateau with Crystal handle and replaced with the Eva faucet system. I acquired the Eva faucet "lightly used" online in a brushed nickel finish and the goal was to get...
  4. Mike Linning

Yeah, Moen should have made 1 basic model to retrofit for people like us...guess we're supposed to wait until shiny brass comes back in style again? I noticed your shank a little more banged up. I can see where the improperly mounted new faucet was (red arrow) versus the original mount (green...
  5. Mike Linning

Hi, I have the same exact setup as you (Garden Tub) and I believe my Chateau with crystal handles was from 1999. My wife wants to change the trim to Bronze Oil rub which we started to do on all the other faucets/showers already. Now I am stuck on handling the Garden Spout, the handles can be...
  6. Mike Linning

Older Moen Monticello Roman Tub trim replacement help

Curious how long the spout shank was on your system? I have Chateau from about 1999 and its about 1" long. Moen literature says nothing will work with that size, need to be 1.25-1.5" shank for any current spout. I was interested in the Brantford you got, but fear it wont work, just the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks