Recent content by mijway

1. M

Good Pressure; Poor flow

I increased pressure setting to 50/30 psi and have significant improvement. Have not rechecked gpm to see if anything has been dislodged in the lines.
  2. M

Good Pressure; Poor flow

Ouch! Excuse the spelling.
  3. M

Good Pressure; Poor flow

Thank you valveman. I went online and did find the original data for my well. Date: 7/18/1974 Depth: 95 ft. Casinf Dia.: 4 in. Casing lenght: 54 ft. Aquifer: shale Static water level: 50 ft. Drawdown: 5 ft. Test Rate: 40 gpm Test Duration: 1 hr.
  4. M

Good Pressure; Poor flow

The pipe from the well is plastic and drops down about 42" to galvanized piping that goes to the pressure tank, pressure switch and pressure gauge. The galvanized piping then connects to copper distribution piping. The house is about 32 years old and I assume this is the original system...
  5. M

Good Pressure; Poor flow

I just tested the system again. There was improvement, but still below par. The pump does come on while the sprinkler is running and builds to 40 psi before kicking off. I tested the water flow in a five gal. bucket for both the front and rear valve. Rear 2.7 gal/min Front 1.9 gal/min...
  6. M

Good Pressure; Poor flow

I have a well with a submersable pump. Water flow has dropped significantly. Pressure switch is 20/40 psi. Air pressure in tank is 18 psi. Pump kicks on at 20 psi, jumps to 25 psi, and continues to 40 psi. However, water flow remains very low. Problem was first discovered while watering the...
  7. M

Will new controller solve problem?

OK! It is working fine right now. If I get a repeat failure, I will try replacing the galvanized pipe.
  8. M

No lever and I can not find M4 anywhere on the controller. The system is working fine right now.
  9. M

Thank you speedbump. This unit was in the house when I moved in eight years ago. I just finished replacing the controller with a new one for less than $18. It works, so it is a cheap fix if it holds out. The pressure tank seems to be working OK. By the way, the old controller was a Pumptrol...
  10. M

My water well stopped operating and pressure dropped to near zero. I opened the circuit breaker and removed the cover from the controller. It is a Square "D" 20/40 230v unit. The contacts were open. I manually closed them, and then reset the breakers. The pump operated. At 42#, I went to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks