Recent content by michielsemma

1. michielsemma

Attic Blown In Insulation Remove Or Blow More Over It ?

Fiberglass is hell on anyone working up there... cellulose isnt. Blown in will be cheapest. R-34 will be sufficient, unless the add for R-39 is cheap and it should be..the truck is already there, so it should just be a materials issue.
  2. michielsemma

Radiant Barrier Insulation vs Fiberglass

Would love to put it on the East side but foundation is already in place complete with plumbing. Can't come in from the West wall because am limited on how far East I can go, and I'm unwilling to go narrower than 15' which is all the space I have. The building is a working shop with a center...
  3. michielsemma

Electrical Wiring Capacity / HEAT

Breaker needs to be a 40 amp and wire needs to be 8 AWG. A 30 amp breaker will nuisance trip on hard starts. Full load amps is when it's running at full capacity. Starting current is a lot higher than FLA. Check to see what size the main wires are on the unit where you are supposed to make your...
  4. michielsemma

Any suggestions on Yodle?

From what I hear and know about Yodle is that they offer cheap packages that don't really do anything. I actually have 2 current clients who were previous Yodle clients who said all they received was a cheap template website and rankings for keywords that didn't get any traffic. Which suffice it...
  5. michielsemma

Tankless water heater, recirculation pump?

Your right the navian has a circ pump build into the machine, I am a takagi rep you need a 26-99 grundfus or a 00-9 if you didnt have the pump already in the sytem. What you really want and it makes sence as a long term goal is have a takagi unit. I will assume your going to have at least 2...
  6. michielsemma

PVC Cement on pipe with flowing water

If the pipe is new, it only takes about 5 minutes to get a bond strong enough to hold water pressure. I would however let it dry for 3-4 hours minimum and over night nominally, just to allow the solvent to cure. If you haven't bought the pvc glue yet, buy the "heavy duty clear" made by a company...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks