Recent content by Michelle B

1. Michelle B

Leaking tub drain

Thank you. I did just what you said...no leaking so far. Will give it a few weeks before having ceiling repaired just to be sure.
  2. Michelle B

Leaking tub drain

Just had a new tub installed and tile surround by a “contractor”. The tub drain is leaking (cut back ceiling and examined after water on ceiling...water is coming from the drain). Unscrewed drain with tool...no Teflon tape or plumbers putty. Minimal amount of white caulking. The gasket seal...
  3. Michelle B

Terrible bathroom remodel help

He wasn’t cheap and he wasn’t quick lol. As Tuttles pointed out it’s the niche pieces that bother me. It was poor planning. We did discuss layout. It was supposed to be about 3.5 feet of porcelain and 3 feet of stone. He tried to do 4 feet of porcelain without consulting me so he could...
  4. Michelle B

$395 for small chip repair in tub?

Fortunately every other company I called was way less than that. As a matter of fact most were UNDER what I expected. Yes a company is welcome to try to rip people off I guess. I don’t think it’s wrong to avoid being taken for a ride by the unscrupulous though lol.
  5. Michelle B

Thank you for replying. He did red guard behind tile. The beef is the goofy pieces above the niche. The plan was about 3.5 feet of porcelain and then 3 feet of stone to ceiling. He tried to cut corners by not cutting the bottom tiles. (Put 4 feet of porcelain up). Then because that was too...
  6. Michelle B

The tile was laid poorly. (By a supposed “contractor”) Can we have the bottom half removed and redone (by someone else) while keeping the top half that doesn’t look bad? Also any ideas on how to deal with gaps from drywall to tile/hardibacker? This guy says he’s going to caulk it and then...
  7. Michelle B

$395 for small chip repair in tub?

Does this sound reasonable? Miracle Method wants 395 to repair a small 1 inch long chip due to an item being dropped in a Kohler Archer tub? Somehow I was imagining more like 200-250...
  8. Michelle B

Water proof issue after row of tile removed

“Contractor” messed up tile layout...had to remove a row of tiles...instead of scraping thin set off the wall he tore it up with an angle grinder. He’s planning to paint red guard again in the area. I’m worried it won’t be a continuous membrane. Is this a problem? Thanks Michelle
  9. Michelle B

Wonky plumbing

The contractor put silicone around tub where it meets with cement board. Is this not sufficient with the red guard? Should I address this?
  10. Michelle B

Wonky plumbing

Thank you for responding Wayne. The contractor is using red guard. He put silicone from flange to cement board. Hopefully that will cut it? But this plumbing looks kinda off to me.
  11. Michelle B

Wonky plumbing

Before the tile goes up I feel that I should address this plumbing. Should the shower valve be sloped downward like this? (Delta multi choice). It points downward and to the left. It is also not lined up with tub drain. The spout is also off from center by about an inch. Should I expect...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks