Recent content by MichaelSK

1. MichaelSK

Honeywell thermostat keeps reversing valve energized?

Honeywell RTH7560 thermostat keeps the reversing valve energized even when “mode” is set to “off”. There is no need to keep a nominal 26vac on the (orange) lead, the reversing valve solenoid remains very hot when the system is not being used. I spoke with the Honeywell consumer help rep who...
  2. MichaelSK

Installing Programmable Thermostat

Update: I verified that the wiring had not been compromised by a staple, screw, etc. (the wiring is nominal). I suspect that it is not uncommon that the 24vac circuit is “grounded” to the chassis. The problem is the new thermostat. I just got off the phone with Honeywell, they will replace the...
  3. MichaelSK

The unit is a Bosch (Florida Heat-pump) SM036 without any heat strips. The vac readings at the pcb thermostat connector are as follows: R-B 25v, R-frame 25v, B-frame 0v, O-B 25v, O-frame 25v, G-B 0v. One question, should the frame be part of the 24vac circuit? The common (C) is the blue wire...
  4. MichaelSK

Does the reversing valve stay energized, as evidenced by feeling hot, even when the thermostat is set to OFF? I’m going to go out and get some VAC readings so you folks can comment.
  5. MichaelSK

New Softener needed, go with WS1 or 5810STX valve?

Reader90, what was the carbon filter for? Sorry, I can't remember the water chemistry values. But glad to here it's working well.
  6. MichaelSK

Gorilla Clear Primaglue

Incidentally, I was wondering if polyethylene squeeze bottle could be used to apply the stuff on pvc trim boards - would speed up the process?
  7. MichaelSK

Gorilla Clear Primaglue

Reach4, I just saw your comment about the Gorilla glue. It's all about the solvent: N-Methyl-2-pyrrolidone (NMP). Very cool stuff. Works really well on pvc trim/siding. I use it on pressure piping also when I need more time and less stink.
  8. MichaelSK

Do I need an iron filter

I agree with dittohead, I built a system with a Clack control head, Purolite SST-60 resin about 25 years ago. I have ferrous iron (not as much as you however), I use the citric acid with each regeneration. In a little over a quarter century, with extremely hard water, my water softener is still...
  9. MichaelSK

Main Klixon breaker on 3/4 hp 3-wire submers. pump keeps tripping

To make a long story short. I live in north central Florida (lots of lightning storms), the house is 30 years old, and it's a new 3/4 hp 3-wire Shakti pump. The breakers and fuses installed to replace the Klixon breakers kept interrupting, then the relay burned out again. I put a megohm meter...
  10. MichaelSK

Perplexing Pump Problem - intermittent elevated loads on main

By the way Karen Austin in TX is wonderful. I sent her a note about the pressure switch and stainless nipple. Well, in less than 30 minutes she wrote back that she was sending out replacements today. Great personal service at Cycle Stop Valves, Inc. in Lubbock, TX.
  11. MichaelSK

Here's an update. (Remember we live in north central Florida - LIGHTNING STORMS.) Reach4 (used conversation modality from this forum) was a helpful in discussing the findings of a megohm meter. I discovered, after digging a hole about 1' deep, that the house ground was not intact (the...
  12. MichaelSK

New Softener needed, go with WS1 or 5810STX valve?

Clack it seems has not embraced internet commerce. I wanted to design and build a system, local Clack dealer would only sell a "canned" pre-made system he buys from a distributor. I discussed the design goals, water chemistry (e.g. ionic load, ferrous/ferric iron, alkalinity:hardness, etc.)...
  13. MichaelSK

I was wondering if pressure switch chatter could be a culprit? I have not directly observed this (neither have I seen any control box reset or failure condition in real time).
  14. MichaelSK

Valveman: Interesting numbers, won't nit pick the numbers - only use heat pump 6 mo/yr - but cycle specs from pump companies are not in disagreement with these nominal figures. It's worth mentioning that a 1hp Gould pump ran for 22 years with a heat pump and five-member household. Whereas now we...
  15. MichaelSK

No leaks, however we are running a water-to-air heat pump. When the heat pump is running (~ 4x/hr for 5 minutes each time) the pump is off (bladder drains) in ~ 1 minute, the pump is on (bladder filling) takes ~ 3 1/2 minutes. Last night when the relay died, there were no occupants in the house...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks