Recent content by michaelheerwald

1. michaelheerwald

Very muddy water out of well?

Tell me more about the flow inducer and or pump shroud? I felt good about raising the pump and getting clear water, until I read your reply! I had a "semi proffesional" helping me, but raising the pump was my idea. He seemed like he agreed and also mentioned the casing might be broken or not...
  2. michaelheerwald

Just an update, after pumping and pumping with no positive resulst I elected to raise the pump up. It was sitting at 150 ft, and I have no idea how deep my casing goes down, so I moved it up to right at 100ft. It is still in over 60ft of water and is very clear! I ran it all day yesterday for...
  3. michaelheerwald

I am pumping it very hard out of at least three frost free spigots and the same time. I am not sure what you mean by pitless adapter and raising it up. After I pump hard and let it sit the muddy water is back.
  4. michaelheerwald

Thanks I will give that a try. I have been running daily for several weeks for hours upon hours with no better results. Although I have been running it constantly and not letting it rest. My wife thinks I am crazy as much time as I spend looking at my water, and I am sure the neighbors are...
  5. michaelheerwald

Do you think raising the pump up would be worth trying?
  6. michaelheerwald

I just recently fixed an old well on my property to irrigate my lawn. This is what I know about the well. It is at least 25 years old and is over 200 ft. It has casing but I don't know how deep it goes. It has water at 38 ft. It has a one horse 220 volt pump(brand new) which is...
  7. michaelheerwald

Help with I.D. of this shower faucet, for parts?

It is a Harcraft, thanks for the help. I found the stems that fit but am still trying to track down the trim pieces. Any Ideas where to start, the book that I found the stems in did not have the correct trim. I would like to get the knobs and collars if possible I mangled the collars removing...
  8. michaelheerwald

I will take it back out and get a picture this evening!
  9. michaelheerwald

Can anyone tell me what I am looking for or how to go about finding parts for this faucet? It is on an exterior wall or I would just replace the whole darn thing! If I need to provide more info let me know. I looked at Lowes and the "plumbing expert" said I was going to have to replace the...
  10. michaelheerwald

Septic maintenance

I have just purchased a home with a septic system, it is my first real experience with one except for a lake house which I have never had any problems with since it is just used for a month a year! My question is what do I need to do for maintenance of the system, how will I know when to have...
  11. michaelheerwald

90000 gallons and no obvious leak?

Found the problem! It was an idiot reading the meter!
  12. michaelheerwald

I know what you mean, you'd think my renters would be floating down the street. Seriously it either has to be going down the sewer, which if it were it would have to be running wide open, and there is no evidence of that, or it is in the meter. The clerk at the city water said she would send...
  13. michaelheerwald

Water useage at 85000 gallons last month and 90000 this one. Standing over meter for many minutes and no movement on the little spinner. No signs of leaks under, around or in house. No running toilets, that I can hear or see. The tenants say they don't know of any problems at all. Its there...
  14. michaelheerwald

older air vents?

Sorry wasn't clear on that but it does have a/c and the knob can turn about a quarter turn which does close the duct off from the ceiling, but the same knob pulls straight out about two inches and this is what I can not figure out the pupose for.
  15. michaelheerwald

older air vents?

I have just purchased a home that originally did not have refridgerated air but did have central heat. The best I can tell all the air blows out on the lower vents close to the floor but above each one at the ceiling there is another vent which has a cylinder in it which stops just below the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks