Recent content by Michaela521

1. Michaela521

4/3 wire and connections?

Thanks for the replies, If you do a search for that plug on Leviton's website it does state it can do #4 wire. The search for soow cable "4 awg" "4/3 does work The unit only has a L, N and G connections. On reading this the G is for the ground, the L and N are for the hot lines. There...
  2. Michaela521

4/3 wire and connections?

Hello, I have a Leviton 9462-P 60 Amp plug and would like to connect it to 4/3 extension wire. Do you know where I can find 4/3 extension wire? I can only find 6/3 extension wire. Also, I am using this on a device that only has 3 connections. One for L (or X), another for N (or Y), and...
  3. Michaela521

reverse osmosis system

Thanks. My thoughts were that perhaps when I change the prefilters at first I can measure the flow rate then and then remeasure every 6 months to check for a drop in water output. Are the carbon filters responsible for removing the chlorine alone or does the reverse osmosis play a role...
  4. Michaela521

reverse osmosis system

That is nice. Thanks for the help. What about the prefilters and carbon filters? Anyway to check those. Thanks again.
  5. Michaela521

reverse osmosis system

Hello, I was wonding if there was anyway to test my ro water to see if the ro membrane needs replacing and also test to see if the prefilters and carbon filters need replacing. Thanks
  6. Michaela521

RO system

I don't think it is heavily chlorinated. I probably could use a swimming pool test kit inorder to check the chlorine levels coming out of the ro water faucet. If there is a reading showing presence of chlorine then the filter is done and requires replacement. Thanks
  7. Michaela521

RO system

Hi, I have an RO system hook up and was hoping if you could inform me when or how often I should change out the filters. Should it be changed out whenever the water starts coming out slowly, this should indicate that the filters are getting clogged and need changing or should it be changed at...
  8. Michaela521

removing scratches from new sink

Thanks, I got that info on how to remove scratches off of kohlers site found here http://www.us.kohler.com/general/faq.jsp I figured I better get a second opinion though before I do something that might destroy the finish. Thanks:cool:
  9. Michaela521

removing scratches from new sink

Hi there, Got some scratches on my new stainless steel kohler sink. It was an expensive one too. Would a green scotchbrite pad with Bar Keepers Friend cleanser scrubing with the grain of the steel do the trick or should I use something else. Not sure if the green will make it worse or...
  10. Michaela521

Questions on supply/drainage pipe

quoteIf you use a trip lever pop-up drain, it will probably be slip joint.quote 1) I can just get a drain assembly that is meant for solvent glueing right? Or are there some drains that you need a slip joint on. 2) I suppose I will need a access panel for the supply fittings though. I...
  11. Michaela521

Questions on supply/drainage pipe

Hi all, Got some questions if you don't mind answering. 1) Is access needed for drainage fittings on a bathtub? You usually use a drain waste and overflow assembly with trap here but I was wondering if I could keep it conceiled if I solvent glued the fittings instead of used a slip joint...
  12. Michaela521

drain pipe?

Well, it can dip to -30 degrees were I live. Infact I think it is -4 right know outside. :eek:
  13. Michaela521

drain pipe?

My drainage system is on a septic system. How do I find out where the drain pipe runs under my slab of concrete. At one end of the house the drain pipe goes down into the concrete. The septic tank is located on the other side of the house (backyard) where it is annually drained though a pvc...
  14. Michaela521

Bath doors

How wide do they make bath doors in. I would like one for my whirlpool that I will be getting. These things can get quite long so I don't know if they even make any that will fit. Probably do though. The whirlpool will be up against three walls and one side (long) open. Perhaps a sliding...
  15. Michaela521

running pipes question

Hi all, We are going to be moving our bathroom over because the location of it right know is awkward. I live in a Very cold area (freezing) and the toilet, tub, and shower are going to be located on a wall that is an exterior wall. piping such as supply and drainage cannot be run in a wall...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks