Recent content by Michael Young

1. Michael Young

Plumber missed toilet drain by 2.5" short - what should I do?

Your drawing looks fine. but there are no measurements.
  2. Michael Young

Can I replace this valve with a street 90?

You're going to have a nip of copper once you take the valve loose. Buy a regular 1/2" copper 90. Go ahead and pick up some 1/2" couplings and a little piece of 1/2" copper pipe. remove the grounding clamp and move it up higher on the pipe (don't kill your ground). and yes. if you're not...
  3. Michael Young

Replacing (Outdoor) Water Spigot

Get a woodford 18" shaft with a vacuum breaker, pex-ready. pull the old one out, use one 1/2" crimp ring to install the new hose bibb. The whole job will take you a half hour or less. Buy yourself a cheap iCrimp kit. https://www.icrimptools.com/collections/astm-f1807-crimp-tools
  4. Michael Young

Sink venting diagram ok?

well that sucks. So they won't allow you to use studor vents at all! I'd call your inspections office and ask if you can cut in a tee under the sink and use a traditional studor vent vs. the inline version. Otherwise, this sucks. A lot of work for two lavatories.
  5. Michael Young

Underground 1inch copper pipe repair problem

What is the condition of the copper you're trying to sweat? If you can take te copper between your index finger and thumb and squeeze it - if it gives - you're going to have to replace the entire line. if te copper is in good condition, and you can't get a good joint, its likely your technique...
  6. Michael Young

Clearwater FL woman says condo clothes washer must drain into 3"

Yes. Laundry must drain into a 3". But if you have room. Install a Utility Sink and connect the sink. Then discharge your clothes washer directly into the utility sink. This will solve your problem and save you $6k
  7. Michael Young

WEll Shock/disinfection and filtration advice.

A filter may solve your problem. I think I'd drop that pump down a little deeper. If you're getting a lot of garbage in you lines you may need to sleeve it. I'd start with a filter before I started pulling out the big tools (or the rig to drill deeper). Where are you taking your samples. Are you...
  8. Michael Young

Understanding venting for a bathroom.

The vent for your shower is flat and dry. Won't pass inspection. Your drawing looks like you have SANITARY TEES laying on their sides. illegal to lay sanitary tee on its side. all of your bends should be long-sweeps. If you're on a slab, increase pipe diamater to 2" minmum pipe size under slab...
  9. Michael Young

Sink venting diagram ok?

Might be easier to just pop in an inline vent on those two lavatories.
  10. Michael Young

Plumber missed toilet drain by 2.5" short - what should I do?

Did you hire a LICENSED plumber and get the work inspected? Doesn't look like he paid any attention to minimums. Call your plumber. He fucked it up. Let him fix it. you get an automatic 1-year warranty on his work. Let him fix it. get it inspected.
  11. Michael Young

Multiple leaks uponor pex 2012 home

Your house is only 12 years old. Pex is good material. I trust it. What I don't trust are plumbing companies leaving stacks of pex pipe out in the sun. The UV damages the pipe. Based on what you're describing, it sounds like the plumbing company that roughed the house was likely pulling pipe...
  12. Michael Young

Replacing a section in ABS horizontal drain below slab

You can't glue ABS to PVC. Transition cement isn't legal. if you can find ABS fittings, just cut it out and glue it back using ABS. If you're using ABS and PVC in the same system, make the transition using no-hub bands. I prefer to use the heavy-duty no-hub bands (4 bands). it'll give you a...
  13. Michael Young

Tankless Challenges

I agree man. sounds like a regulator issue. I'm wondering if that regulator is rated for LP
  14. Michael Young

Leak at T & P: pressure tank or T & P, how to diagnose?

Based on what you're saying, you're likely going to need a new PRV and a new Expansion tank. Its leaking at night (when none of your neighbors are showering or using water). That's when you're going to get the highest city pressure. So very likely you need a PRV. #1: Get a gauge from home...
  15. Michael Young

Question about reducing toilet flushing temperature change

So you're talking about WATER DISTRIBUTION. Run a gut-line full-port. If the mainline coming in is 3/4" then pipe the entire house in 3/4". Take the 3/4" pipe all the way to your bathroom group and take the 3/4 pipe all the way to the drops for your bathing fixtures. you'll have to use a reducer...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks