Recent content by michael-thomas

1. M

Correct term for this type of toilet?

Thanks. Next Q,: what is the correct name for the fitting to which it is attached, and for the gasketing method at the attachment (i.e.. the wall mount equivalent of "floor closet flange" and "wax sealing ring")?
  2. M

Water comes up other sink when disposal is on

Ron, Does the IL plumbing code incorporate the "directional fittings" requirements in IRC 2707.1 / UPC 405.4 for FWGs and DWs? - Thanks
  3. M

Correct term for this type of toilet?

What's the correct descriptive term for a toilet which has a base which rests on the floor but which discharges to the rear above floor level: - Thanks
  4. M

Condensate drain line as trap prime

D'oh D'oh - it's a counterflow furnace (blowing down). Given that, I'm still interested in plumber's comment on this instalation, and in particular the connection of the condensate line to the DWV system.
  5. M

Condensate drain line as trap prime

Help me out here. I’m a Home Inspector looking at an arrangement uncommon in my area: updraft condensing furnace with AC coil below it: http://inspectionnews.com/ubb/uploads/Drain1.jpg with a condensate drain line connection in the crawl space made directly above the trap of a floor...
  6. M

Anti-Siphon hole on sump/ejector pump discharge lines

Thanks! GOOGLE turned up this: "The vibrations and inability to pump on occasions can almost always be attributed to pump air-lock. When a sump pumps turns off, the water in the discharge line between the pump and the check valve drains back into the sump. If the pipe between the pump and...
  7. M

Anti-Siphon hole on sump/ejector pump discharge lines

Occasionally I encounter a hole drilled in the discharge line of an ejector or sump pump a few inches above the pump and inside the pit. I’ve been told that this is an ant-siphon method (similar to the hole on a water heater’s dip tube) but I’ve not been able top find this documented...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks