Recent content by Michael Hutchinson

1. Michael Hutchinson

Final Bowl Test with AAV

I’m not leaving anything out, I passed the 5 psi test on the rough. This is a whole home remodel where I’ve gutted down to the studs. This may be an Ohio thing? By trial and error, I’ve learned that the bowl test won’t hold with AAVs and I used clean out caps to plug them.
  2. Michael Hutchinson

Final Bowl Test with AAV

You have to cap the vents at the roof line and put a test ball in the main stack and flush the upper toilet. It has to stand for 15 minutes and not drop. It is an alternative the the 1” water column test
  3. Michael Hutchinson

Final Bowl Test with AAV

So my inspector in Columbus, Ohio is requiring it. Maybe due to me not being a certified plumber? I had zero idea it was required as plumbing code does not require and when he called I was shocked about it and had to reschedule the inspection and go buy the supplies to conduct it.
  4. Michael Hutchinson

Final Bowl Test with AAV

Hello all! I appreciate these forums greatly, ive learned a substantial amount from reading all of your posts. I have a question in regards to a bowl test with AAV’s. Would they need to be capped prior to testing, or would the water bowl Test work properly with the AAVs installed?
  5. Michael Hutchinson

Does this kitchen island drain system look okay?

Hello! New here and a DIYer. I am wondering if this drainage setup looks acceptable. It is a double sink with an AAV since it is in an island. The Dishwasher will not be connected to this as it’s directly behind it. Thanks so much for any comments and/or feedback!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks