Recent content by MGT_M

1. M

Tile detaching from Wedi shower pan

Anyway-- They're coming to look at it I would like to interrupt this firestorm to announce that a Wedi tech is coming next week to look at my shower. After more investigation, I determined that the problem was that the black outer layer of the Wedi had separated from the inner blue layer...
  2. M

Also I can't find my original discussion from years ago! I'll keep looking. I also must dig out the original reciepts, etc. Thanks for your help and support. :)
  3. M

The tile size issue could explain some things, but I don't think they were giving warnings about that in 2008. I am pretty good at following instructions and I put a lot of consideration into what kind of tile I used. But, maybe I did miss it. But now I think I have discovered a worse...
  4. M

I wrote to Bastian. About the flexture-- what I mean is that since the Wedi is a foam, perhaps it compresses a tiny bit under a large load, causing a localized flexing. Anyway, I'll see what Bastian has to say. Thainks
  5. M

Hi John, The shower is over a 3/4" plywood subfloor. I know the mortar was a modified thinset but I don't know about self-curing. The problem is about halfway between the center of the shower and the wall. It's where my husband stands when he showers. FYI there is no trace of a a leak...
  6. M

Hello- In 2008 we put in a shower with Wedi board walls and a Wedi Fundo shower pan. The walls are fine, but the hex tiles keep detaching from one area of the shower pan. I've already retiled the area once. My husband thinks the shower pan is flexing under his 220 lb weight and this is...
  7. M

Electiric vs. Gas?

We're having a lot of old pipe replaced, and the plumber thinks we should put in a tankless water heater while we're at it. I would like to free up the space in the utility room, so I'm good with the idea. Currently we have a 40 gallon gas water heater which works fine and we never run out of...
  8. M

Toto Carlyle vs. Toto Ultramax: Capacity?

Hello-- A couple of years ago we installed a Toto Carlyle in our downstairs bathroom. I chose a Toto because my husband is a champion toilet-clogger, and chose the Carlyle because I had only a 10" rough in to work with. For the most part the Carlyle has worked well, but my husband still...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks