Recent content by MFfan310

1. MFfan310

New American Standard Optum Vormax toilet???

They already do have the bidet seats and toilets in the US under the DXV subbrand, which replaced the Porcher and Jado brands in the US. http://www.dxv.com/products/smart-toilets-and-seats I saw elsewhere that this toilet has two flappers - one leading to the rim jet and one for the outlet jet...
  2. MFfan310

LIXIL (INAX parent) acquires American Standard Brands

Should be interesting to watch. Will we see INAX products at the box stores next to the Cadets and Champions? http://www.supplyht.com/articles/97226-american-standard-acquired-by-lixil-for-542-million
  3. MFfan310

Does Home Depot "cheapen" their toilets?

Toto might have signed a deal with HD... I was at HD (Fort Wayne, IN store) today and noticed freshly-installed Toto toilets and urinals in the bathroom. Those toilets and urinals that the Totos replaced were American Standard products, probably dating back to when the store was a Builders...
  4. MFfan310

Consumer Reports Recommended toilet, Gerber DF-21-318 a big Flop!

Oh boy, another toilet to avoid... Looks like American Standard is now using the WDI EcoFlush single-flush in their new-design 1.1 gpf pressure-flush Yorkville PA and Cadet PA models. (The 1.6 still uses a Sloan Flushmate, as does the currently not-redesigned Glenwall). I find this funny...
  5. MFfan310

American Standard Brands rebadging same toilet under different brands...

Believe it or not, Kohler, the 800-pound gorilla of the US toilet market, still makes many models in the USA, namely the pressure-flush, commercial, Power Lite, and many Class Five/Six and Ingenium models. I toured the mother Kohler factory in Kohler, Wisconsin two months ago to see how toilets...
  6. MFfan310

American Standard Brands rebadging same toilet under different brands...

First, it was GM rebadging Chevy SUVs as Buicks, GMCs, and even SAABs. Now, American Standard Brands is taking a page out of their playbook, rebadging the same toilet under different names. The American Standard Cadet 3, sold at many a HD and L***'s and supply house is the same as the Eljer...
  7. MFfan310

Eljer Diplomat opinions?

Basically, the Diplomat is a rebadged American Standard Cadet 3 for M*****s. Same 3" flush valve, tank/bowl design, 5-year warranty, and the like. Not sure if it has the EverClean glaze like the Cadet, though. There's plenty of reviews of the Cadet 3 here... try a search.
  8. MFfan310

How To Wreck A Mansfield #35 In 10 Easy Steps... Help Needed!

Sorry that I didn't reply sooner, but the problem got fixed. Turns out that the big problem was the tank-to-bowl gasket... it needed replacing, too. We live in an area that had water problems (intensively hard water that needed massive softening) for years until the area switched water sources...
  9. MFfan310

First off, the municipality I live in (Fort Wayne, Indiana) doesn't offer toilet rebates. I've checked many times. Secondly, the household handyman doesn't believe in throwing the baby out with the bath... I mean toilet water, even if it means a long, tedious fix that turns into a disaster.
  10. MFfan310

Ladies and gentlemen... I present "How To Wreck A Mansfield #35 in 10 Easy Steps". Step #1: Find out that 1993-vintage Mansfield #35 3.5 gpf toilet runs on for about 10 minutes after flush, wasting water in process. Step #2: Go to M*****s to pick up Mansfield parts, as they sell Mansfield...
  11. MFfan310

Mitch's Greenflush 1 gpf Flapper... Anyone used this?

http://www.greenflush.net/home A "universal" toilet flapper sold on TV that's supposed to switch older 3.5 gpf toilets to 1 gpf... Sounds very dubious to me. There's also a YouTube video on the website with a (laughable) demonstration. Anyone used/tried (or are willing to use/try) it...
  12. MFfan310

Toilet for a heavy TP user and occasional clogger?

The main toilet in our house, a 1992 3.5 gpf Mansfield (the one with the rectangular tank and the plastic valve instead of a flapper), is facing a significant challenge as of late: A male member in the household is either giving it dual flushes or clogging it up. When he takes a download, he...
  13. MFfan310

Wobbly unlevel tank on Kohler Highline K-3427

I have a toilet problem... I discovered today that the K-4620 tank of my Kohler Highline K-3427 toilet (with "Ingenium" flushing system), installed in 2005, is rapidly becoming very unlevel and loose. There is about a 1/3-inch gap on the right side of the tank-to-bowl connection (much smaller on...
  14. MFfan310

Hearing weird crackling sounds from bottom of Kohler Highline bowl

Nope... it doesn't rock on the floor. Thanks for the tip, though.
  15. MFfan310

Hearing weird crackling sounds from bottom of Kohler Highline bowl

Well, I'm back on here, with a question: I have a 1 1/2 year old Kohler Highline toilet (Kohler model # K-3427, purchased as part of a K-11450 "Complete Solution" package with seat and wax ring at Lowe's) that was bought to replace a 3.5 gpf Mansfield "contractor's special". It's now starting...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks