Recent content by meeotch

1. meeotch

Thermal expansion and water hammer arrestor - three questions

Thanks for the reply, and advice. I did use Oatey tape on both sides of the 1/2" to 3/"4 NPT adapter (and on none of the other connections, which were all 3/8" hose compression ends). The re-used 3/8" hose I'm less concerned about - if/when it starts to leak, it'll be easy to replace (and I'll...
  2. meeotch

Update, for anyone who is curious: got my parts this week. Turns out I only screwed up two things: The original flex hose to the cold water side of the faucet was male on one end, and the replacement on my list was F-F. D'oh! Decided to move forward anyway, and re-use the old hose, despite...
  3. meeotch

Great - thanks! And yeah, finding the appropriate 1/2" to 3/4" adapter was surprisingly hard. In the end, I bought the one with the male 1/2" end, since the flex tube has female on both ends, and figured if I could avoid adding a nipple in between, I might as well do it. Now all I've got to...
  4. meeotch

In the photo in my original post, the flex lines connecting between the stop valve and the faucet leads are PRO8F20, described as 3/8" female compression to 3/8" male compression. I'm assuming these should not be re-used? Based on the above, the plan with the fewest number of moving parts I...
  5. meeotch

Thanks for the continued input. I didn't expect this thread to have such long legs. (It's a good thing!) The heater manual actually says: "install an expansion tank in the cold water line between the water heater and the check valve". This was the part that I was most concerned about -...
  6. meeotch

Terrific - thanks for the replies. Sounds like I might be able to do this incrementally. For less than $100, I can put the TE tank & arrestors on the flex under the sink. Run my pressure tests again, see if it fixes the problems. If not, hire someone to figure out how to wedge the TE tank in...
  7. meeotch

Thanks for the quick replies. Sounds like opinions vary a bit, but still, good info. I've updated the original post with a photo of the under-sink area, and in particular the flexible hose feeding the faucet, plus some info about the size of the system. Do they make water hammer arrestors...
  8. meeotch

I just had my 40 gal water heater replaced. On its first heating cycle, the pressure release line squirted out 1-2 cups of water. I opened the manual, and on page 6 was a giant warning about thermal expansion tanks being required in the presence of a backflow preventer (which my building does...
  9. meeotch

articulated shower head and/or remote mixing unit

Update on digital mixing valves, for the benefit of future generations: The Armstrong product mentioned above turned out to be even more expensive than the Kohler. Moen also has a product - like the Armstrong, the guts are from a European company...
  10. meeotch

Thanks for the replies. I'd seen the Delta before - I wonder if I could daisy-chain a bunch of them together. Certainly cheap enough to just try it and see. My other thought was maybe to buy a non-shower-related articulated friction joint arm, maybe a medical device or something, and run a...
  11. meeotch

A couple of weird product inquiries: 1) A shower head that's on a long (say, three feet) articulated arm, or semi-rigid gooseneck? I don't mean a flexible hose like a handheld, more like what you'd see on a lamp: http://tinyurl.com/omr4aqp or articulated like this Kohler faucet...
  12. meeotch

Wall hung vs. water spot & skidmarks - TOTO, Eago, Kohler

@hj - re ADA: the 17-19" seat height isn't an issue, as all the carriers seem to allow for it. However, my understanding is that there needs to be a grab-bar behind the toilet at 33-36" from finished floor. This puts it very close to where the actuator buttons are. iirc, a recent update to...
  13. meeotch

Yes, that was part of my original question: Is there such thing as a "modern-looking" wall hung single-flush toilet. I can't speak to the market size (though presumably the overall toilet market is large enough to allow for both single and dual flush floor mounted models). But it sounds like...
  14. meeotch

@Terry - I should clarify: as I suspected in my original post, and you verified in yours, I understand that modifying the toilet is not an option. So don't worry about that. At this point, it's just about a toilet designed to clear two different flush volumes vs. a different toilet designed...
  15. meeotch

@wjcandee - thanks for the detailed info. One request for clarification: my understanding is that a dual-flush toilet is designed such that the volume of water in the bowl is sized to the smaller of the two flush options. So for a 0.9/1.6 dual-flush, the 0.9gal option has to provide enough...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks