Recent content by max432

1. max432

Paying the plumber question

I think many of you are confused by my previous posts. I have never suggested that the plumber should not be paid for diagnostic work or his knowledge. I have only suggested that the more disclosure upfront, an additional 5 minutes conversation, that i am willing to pay for will net a more...
  2. max432

Perhaps you or anyone you know has never had a major surgery or treatment for a serious illness. Prior to treatment patients are required to sign a release that states the risks have been explained. In regards to the rodding of a drain I personally would welcome my plumber telling me something...
  3. max432

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

Just curious. What do you think of people that would go to Sears for a water heater? I doubt that I would go to a DIY center for a water heater but in the past I have used Sears because I have always been happy with their appliances and the plumber they sent to install my water softner did an...
  4. max432

No not all. But yes the most probable. I pay the mechanic or the plumber, etc. not only for their skill but for their professional knowledge as well. The sharing of professional knowledge is what leads to long term relationships. I have very long term relationships with my mechanic, plumber etc...
  5. max432

This answer goes to my original point. As a professional plumber it is YOUR responsibility to share this type of information with the customer BEFORE you begin repairs. Had this information been offered to the customer even at the job site they could have decided to just put in a whole new unit...
  6. max432

I understand that there can be unforseen problems and as a consumer it is only fair that I pay for them. The reason I too would have a problem with the charge is that I assume the shower was useable even with the faulty cartridge and now after a visit from a professional it is not useable. Had...
  7. max432

Water Discoloration

Today I installed a new utility/laundry tub and in the process sweated in a few new sections of copper pipe. When I finished I turned the water back on and all was fine. No leaks and the faucet worked fine. The only trouble is that the hot water is slightly yellow but the cold water is crystal...
  8. max432

Please comment on this setup

Thanks for the reply. Glad to learn that I was confused as to what a "double trap" is. So does this setup comply with plumbing codes? Thanks again for all the help and putting my mind at ease.
  9. max432

Please comment on this setup

Hi All, I am in the proccess of having my kitchen remodeled and would like your comments on the configuration of the sink plumbing. Prior to the remodel we had some problems with slow draing and smells. Also the dishwasher did not clean well. The plumber explained these problems were due to a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks