Recent content by Mawst95

1. Mawst95

Sewer smell. Wife freaking out. Need help!

No, but I think you are right. We had another plumber come out. She pointed out that 1) the AAV was in the wrong spot, and 2) the entire plumbing of the washer and sink was suboptimal. She fixed the AAV, capped off the stand pipe and said we should drain the washer into the sink for the time...
  2. Mawst95

The plot thickens. I'm trying to identify the source(s) of the stink as you all suggested. Even though the piping is wrong, as you said, it doesn't mean that's where the stink is coming from. So I plugged up the standpipe AND the laundry tub with a wet rag while we ran the washer and the...
  3. Mawst95

Hi John, Yes I had read about that issue either here or on another forum. It's down about 6-7 inches.
  4. Mawst95

The person who added the AAV (apparently in the wrong place) was a plumber from a well respected plumbing company in my area (Maryland). I don't intend to attempt to fix this myself, but I'm trying to learn enough to ask the right questions of the plumber and assess whether their proposed "fix"...
  5. Mawst95

Jeff and GR I really appreciate it. Be candid. I didn't do the work lol. Even if I did, I wouldn't be offended as how else would I learn? The whole washing machine and sink setup (minus the AAV--and yes, that's the santee? on the sink) was before our time owning the home. I figure having this...
  6. Mawst95

Hello experts. I need your help. The basement laundry room in our 1939 home is intermittently letting out significant sewer gas. Enough to smell on the main floor. My hypochondriac wife is not amused and is currently researching hydrogen sulfide poisoning. Not good. Smell is intermittent but...
  7. Mawst95

Question re: Pressure on Top Floor and PRV

That's what I figured. In any case after rinsing everything and reassembling the pressure is good! I may reinsert the flow restricter -- it was a green moen doodad.
  8. Mawst95

So I took off the shower head and faucet aerator in the bathroom and the flow restricter in the shower and the aerator (restricter?) in the faucet had a thick layerer of coarse sediment. Without the fixtures both seem to be moving a fair bit of water. I have the fixtures soaking in 50% vinegar...
  9. Mawst95

I do notice hammering(?) when turning on the upstairs shower. I don't notice that on any other bathroom.
  10. Mawst95

Whole House Sediment Filter Recommendation (City Water)

Hi Treeman, Yes, that's what I am saying. There's sediment showing up in our sinks, toilets, etc. despite the filter. And the filter is gunking up in what seems like a week AND it's not adequately addressing the problem in my opinion. What I ended up doing is plumb in three filters in series...
  11. Mawst95

Hi Wayne, I agree that the 2nd and 3rd gauge reading higher than the first is weird and doesn't make sense. I put the gauges in for the exact reason you said--to indicate when the filters are clogged. It didn't make sense to me at the time. The plumber noted it and basically said "huh" and...
  12. Mawst95

Hi all- I've read some threads here about PRVs, and I wanted to get some advice before proceeding. Moved into a house last year. There was a spin down filter installed right off of the service entrance. You could bypass the filter as you'd expect. The issue was the filter setup also bypassed...
  13. Mawst95

Whole House Sediment Filter Recommendation (City Water)

Hi all, I've searched the forums some, which has been helpful, but need some additional advice before pulling the trigger. We moved into a home in Baltimore, MD in July. Home had a rusco 1.5" spin down filter installed (not sure the micron level). It was completely chocked full of orange/brown...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks