Recent content by Matthias

1. Matthias

Clogged KWC shower mixing valves

David, you need to unscrew the "stop valves" (refer to the PDF I provided above, http://www.kwcamerica.com/doc/technical/archive/KWC_THERM_802516.pdf). Those come out using a 3/4 wrench. Then, on the back side of each stop valve you see a pin, maybe 3/8" diameter. Gently pull that out and you'll...
  2. Matthias

The mixing valve has a separate screen for both the cold and the hot water pipe before the water goes into the thermostatic mixer. The schematic drawing for the valve is here: http://www.kwcamerica.com/doc/technical/archive/KWC_THERM_802516.pdf On page 2 on the right you can see the place for...
  3. Matthias

It is both on the cold and hot side. The water heater is a tankless heater that is 8 years old. I recently had that serviced. It has it's own screen, which is much coarser. I did not see any of the brown stuff in there since the screen has bigger holes, but a large clot of the white stuff. The...
  4. Matthias

I have a problem with rust (I think) and other stuff clogging the screen (or is it a filter?) of my KWC shower mixing valves. See attached pictures. For the past 6 years since I installed the valves, I have had to clean them out every 3 months or so because hardly any water came out the shower...
  5. Matthias

How to install a vessel sink.

Here's a pic of the semi-finished bathroom...
  6. Matthias

So here's what I did. I made the hole in the slate slightly bigger, so that the nut fits in (see pic.) I tightened the nut against the mounting ring. The mounting ring sits on the counter, the nut is hidden underneath. Once I'm sure it's all water tight, I might caulk the gap between the tail...
  7. Matthias

Unfortunately, the sink and drain did not come with instructions. I don't know the manufacturer, it's a no-name product. The quality seems solid, though.
  8. Matthias

Thanks, Terry. By the way, this is a great forum. Just found it today while searching for an answer to my problem. So, caulking the mounting ring to the counter top is all it takes to secure the bowl? Thanks again for the great forum!
  9. Matthias

I have a glass vessel sink that I want to install above counter, with a mounting ring between the glass bowl and the counter. The problem I have is that the threaded part on the pop-up drain that came with the sink is not long enough. (Below is a picture of the drain. Note that the mounting ring...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks