Recent content by Matthew Kane

1. Matthew Kane

Replacing deep well jet pump with higher horsepower

We had a Myers jet pump in a well pit and struggled with no water pressure. We had the casing extended, a pitless adaptor installed and dropped a 3" grundfos submersible into the well (4" casing). Went from 40 psi max to 50 on 70 off. After having the new setup I would never go back to a jet...
  2. Matthew Kane

5600 sxt softener problems

I fully understand the help and appreciate it. I had a forum member instant message me and is working with me. Hopefully I can get this figured out....but it I will need to get a water test done so I am not guessing.
  3. Matthew Kane

Honestly, I could only put a gallon of water in the tube so the water was high. Once it regenerated the water was much lower. Not sure what was going on. It looked like there was much more than 5 gallons of water.
  4. Matthew Kane

I will take your advise and remove, clean and raise the brine draw. Hopefully I can get this figured out. Initially I used the settings that came with the softener...obviously not correct. I check both the screen on the brine line and the screen below. While there obvious signs of iron, nothing...
  5. Matthew Kane

In our area we have iron but it's low. I will try to get a better test done to see where we stand. I'm 35 minutes into the brine draw and it's almost out of brine. Where the brine tube is...it says .5gpm 1.5 lb salt minimum. The injector number is 1 with a 2.4 gpm flow. I suspected that I wasnt...
  6. Matthew Kane

Thank you! I added iron out to the salt tank. I will reduce my capacity and I will raise the hardness to see if it improves. I'll add 5 gallons to the tube and I'll let you know how it goes. Everything else looks okay then?
  7. Matthew Kane

About 3 months or so ago we took out our old culligan unit (over 25 years old) and I replaced it with a 48000 grain fleck sxt5600 softener. When I tested our water, it was 12 on the hardness but quite unsure about iron. While we do have iron, bypassing the softener the water is clear and tastes...
  8. Matthew Kane

New Main Line From Well - Is this done properly

I'm not a pro, but we had our well worked on this year. We had a well pit, and we needed the casing extended above ground. I had a 6 foot section of casing welded to extended above ground, a pitless adaptor, new wire (75') a 3" submersible pump, and a 40 some gallon pressure tank installed for...
  9. Matthew Kane

Bathroom supply line.

It's a whole new bathroom. I'm roughing in the plumbing now. I carried the 3/4 main upstairs and branched off of them for the 2nd bath. The room directly below is gutted also, so access isn't an issue. I shared both 1/2 hot and cold with a double vanity. When I redid the plumbing downstairs I...
  10. Matthew Kane

Bathroom supply line.

I have a quick question about a bath installation. I was going to run a separate 1/2 copper supply line to my toilet. Is this necessary or can I branch off my tub/shower cold line (1/2)? Everything at this point has it's own supply line off of a 3/4 copper main. I dont want the toilet flush to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks