Recent content by Matt A

1. Matt A

Renters Keep Popping 20a Breaker!

I appreciate all the advice. The panel is 100 and it is maxed out. I think the only solution is to run a sub panel outside the apartment and set it up with two 15 amp Breakers that way the tenant at least has access to turn the power back on. The problem is it is a mother-in-law Suite with a...
  2. Matt A

Love it! I do have a question for either John or Worth. I can't wrap my head around amp load. So I have two separate outlets 3 feet apart on a 20 amp #12 wire kitchen counter. Let's hypothetically say Outlet number 1 has a double hot plate that is on and outlet number 2 has a power strip with...
  3. Matt A

I love it! Especially since a small 5k window AC is on one of the other circuits that they keep tripping so I'll sweat them out down here in Florida!
  4. Matt A

Wow thank you so much for the prompt reply and the excellent advice. That is a great idea putting a strip but unfortunately I know renters and I've seen a lot in my 35 years they will go and buy a triple adapter to expand the single outlet. They are going to do what they're going to do whether...
  5. Matt A

Hey guys love the Forum typically I'm always asking Plumbing questions that today it's electrical. I own a Triplex apartment but the breaker panel is on the center unit only it was built back in the '60s. Anyway one apartment in particular has a dedicated 20 amp breaker with number 12 wire in...
  6. Matt A

Well Water Clorination Options

Wow.....that is an impressive article and procedure. I have sanitized the well a few times using different techniques and it works for a little while but not long. I think I'm gonna go with the chlorinator it's cheap enough. I was just concerned about the order in which it should be placed in...
  7. Matt A

Well Water Clorination Options

Hey guys just a couple of questions from the pros I was hoping to get answered. I have a rental property with a well which has a pressure tank, a katalox filter and then a softener... in that order. It works wonderfully the water is crystal clear and has almost no detectable iron. However...
  8. Matt A

Connection Options for Buried Pitted Copper

Thanks for all the replies turns out I overestimated how much pitting. I sanded it with fresh emory cloth and it cleaned up like new. I decided to go with shark bite because of convenience then tape wrapped for burial. I may have to get to it in the future for future work. Thanks again.
  9. Matt A

Connection Options for Buried Pitted Copper

Hey guys I'm working one my rental properties and I want to install a plumber's loop and a shut off valve on my copper water main going into the house. Unfortunately the copper is buried and it is badly pitted. I'm assuming shark bite is out of the question....but I'm wondering can I get this...
  10. Matt A

Iron Filter Recommendations

Thank you so much for the excellent advice!! After researching what you suggested I think I'll go with a katalox system of some sort. It seems like an excellent product. I will report back with results!
  11. Matt A

OK... I know you guys are going to jump all over me but I did an at home test with a home depot kit but I was very meticulous and very thorough. I used the H20 OK Plus kit. Here thay are: Total Hardness 250 ppm Total Chlorine 0 Alkalinity 180 ppm PH 8 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 0 Copper .6 ppm Iron 5...
  12. Matt A

I will order one and report back ASAP.
  13. Matt A

Hey guys I've got a rental property in Florida that is on well water. The water is crystal clear with little or no odor but it does have iron. Toilets quickly stain and showers quickly turn Orange. My setup consists of an 85' well with a brand new new Sta-Rite pump and new pressure tank...
  14. Matt A

Options For Re-Piping a Pool Skimmer Line

Yep...a few roots but blew right through with a little effort.
  15. Matt A

Options For Re-Piping a Pool Skimmer Line

So I thought I would report back. I called 4 professional pool companies and 3 professional reputable plumbers and they all basically told me to fly a kite that the pool duck would have to be ripped up........ So what I did is I blew a pipe in with a water jet 10' under the slab to the skimmer...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks