Recent content by Mateo

1. Mateo

Keep 13 year old Kinetico Model 60 or buy new Fleck? Opinions wanted!!

It does indeed....helps me to see summaries of things all in one place.
  2. Mateo

Ok...back to a summary of the opinions by the main contributors after wading through the mirk of their exchanges. Quotes by each: akpsdvan: I would change systems. Let him keep the Kinecto and start anew. 5600SXT or 7000SXT with 1.5cubic or 48K. Tom Sawyer: I would go with a new unit. A...
  3. Mateo

OK....now with all the "banter" I'm getting lost in the discussion although I'm close to a decision thanks to your input. Thank you. Can we try another tack now? If you would be so kind (dittohead, akpsdvan, Gary, Water Solutions, mialynette and Tom Sawyer), please send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE...
  4. Mateo

Our family of 4 will not be growing although of course we will have the occasional guest. I imagine flow rates of 15gpm would suffice, correct?
  5. Mateo

Tom, I'm leaning toward your recommendation although I'll haggle with the owner to see about coming down on the price of the old unit. Thanks for your opinion. Now I'm researching more about the differences between the different Fleck units. As for the forum banter...it's good for a laugh. I...
  6. Mateo

I appreciate the help and opinions....that's what I was asking for. Can't help with the number of the disc and must make my decision by Saturday. What I do know is the previous owner had 8 people in the house and is obviously pleased with how the unit has functioned for him. So, am I...
  7. Mateo

So, can someone compare for me the real differences between Fleck 2510sxt, 5600sxt and 7000sxt? I'm finding very similar prices between these units.
  8. Mateo

Thank you dittohead for the recommendations. Looking in to the 7000SXT I can order one with a 40000 grain capacity online for the same price (and actually a few dollars less) than the 5600 econominder. Can you expand a little more about the difference of the two models? "More modern" meaning...
  9. Mateo

Appreciate all the input. Gary, what's the reason for asking about the numbers?
  10. Mateo

Thanks for the opinion mialynette. That was my thought as well but my first inquiries with friends were split and until now I have NO experience with water softeners, thus posting the questions for more opinions. Again, thank you!
  11. Mateo

Should I go with a 13 year old Kinetico Model 60 for $1,000 or a Fleck 5600 for $500? I have just purchased a home and the seller was planning on taking his Kinetico (Model 60) with him. For $1,000 he is willing to leave it with the house when he moves in a couple weeks. The Kinetico is 13...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks