Recent content by martyd

1. martyd

Ordering a Toto from a big box store?

Old thread but my experience was good. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/toto-toilet-bought-through-home-depot.53103/#post-392399
  2. martyd

Ordering Toto Online?

I ordered an Eco Drake through Home Depot, shipped to store. Home Depot refused the first one because it was broken. When the second came in I was able to open both boxes and do a full inspection. All was well and I installed it. Been about a year and a half, no problems. Marty
  3. martyd

Adding AC to existing baseboard heated home

We are starting to investigate adding AC to our home in CT. I'm learning as we go along about this type of installation with compressor on the ground and air handler in the attic. One of the companies said they do not install an outlet in the bathrooms due to mold problems. It kind of makes...
  4. martyd

Toto C744EF.10-01 & ST743S-01 Tank Type B fill valve Question.

I have a new Drake with the type B fill valve and it also squeaks at shut off. Maybe it's a "feature". Marty
  5. martyd

Toto toilet bought through Home Depot

Terry, I didn't mind the wait. One of the positive things about retirement is you don't have to rush things. Thanks to your site, and your son's how to install sticky, I was able to convince myself to give this a shot. wjcandee, thanks for the video. I think I'm OK for now. I was able to see...
  6. martyd

My second Eco Drake arrived at my HD. Both boxes looked fine. I asked to inspect both pieces and their guy opened them up. All was well. What I received was a tank ST743E#01 and bowl C744EL#01. Both pieces were made in Mexico. I did the install slowly and worried about the wax ring, but it...
  7. martyd

First post. Enjoy the forum and hope to do an install myself based on the knowledge I have received from you generous folks. Here's where I'm at. I'll let you know how it goes. I went looking for a Toto Drake 1.6 in my area, CT. My first stop only had a Drake II for about $350. When I asked...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks