Recent content by Martin Maxted

1. Martin Maxted

3 Rear Outlet Toilets - which is best?

I've just installed a neoprene ring, (they come in 3 thicknesses , 1/2", 3/4", 1") on the back outlet of my 1975 American Standard Yorkville. DON'T use a wax seal, they leak eventually. Used silicone sealant on the ring, both sides. I have two bolts to the flange in the wall and two bolts...
  2. Martin Maxted

Yorkville, Need to Replace Back Outlet Toilet Seal

Thanks for response. Interesting about neoprene rings. Well, I guess I'll find out ! I put one in yesterday. Silicon caulking on both sides before I pushed toilet to wall. Looks good and I have a good flat flange. The previous installation was with a normal wax ring. I think a problem was that...
  3. Martin Maxted

After doing lots of Internet reading, it seems that back outlet toilets are best done with a neoprene or graphite felt seal. I couldn't find either of those seals anywhere at any of the Plumbing stores in Ottawa. So I have ordered one online. Won't be here for 2-3 weeks. It is sticky both...
  4. Martin Maxted

My current American Standard toilet, a Yorkville, model number 4049-77 ,was installed in 1975. Works well, but it has started to leak around the bottom. The waste empties to the back. Normal flush, no power assisted. I have not yet removed it. I assume the seal between the toilet and waste pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks