Recent content by martha bartley

1. martha bartley

Dishwasher: hardwire or outlet?

Hi all, I am installing a new dishwasher. I am comfortable doing this wiring because my dad was an electrician and taught me general wiring. My question is, do you think it’s better to have an outlet under the sink or just hardwire it. It seams weird to me that code would allow an electrical...
  2. martha bartley

Horizontal wet vent mock up, Please advise.

Thanks, I thought I was going to have to get a diamond grit blade, and their not cheap. You guys are the best.
  3. martha bartley

I didn’t know the riser clamp existed. That looks very doable. Thank you for the great sketch.
  4. martha bartley

Okay I think I understand. Are you saying if I connect the vent stack at the lavatory to the roof that’s all I need and I can eliminate the one currently in the interior wall by the tub? That is making sense.
  5. martha bartley

He was and I am worried about causing a leak. Having said that I would prefer to join the vents in the attic. Here is a photo of the 4” pipe in the attic. The good news is there’s plenty of space to work since it’s in an interior wall. Would you explain how I could secure that pipe if I cut...
  6. martha bartley

So in the picture of the room, the black dot on the interior wall is the existing vent stack that goes through the roof. At the moment it is just a piece that comes through the attic and about 8” down into the wall. I need to connect that with the soil drain that exits on the opposite side of...
  7. martha bartley

The pipes are indeed low on that side because the soil pipe goes under the exterior wall’s skirting. The horizontal pipe under the toilet will end up being buried. As for the AAV here is why I’m kind of stuck with that. I hired a plumber to cut the cast iron vent stack so I could tie into it...
  8. martha bartley

Of course, I’m sorry. Do you need the measurements? Here is a representation of the room with my proposed plan.
  9. martha bartley

I will be ripping out my previous attempt at this. Here is the mock up for my new plan. I will be doing a horizontal wet vent for the bathroom group and kitchen sink. I would appreciate feedback from the pros. (I promise if you help me through this I will never attempt this on my own again.)...
  10. martha bartley

IPC vs UPC

Reach 4 I was talking about both. Originally there was 4” CI from the roof down to the horizontal wet vent and out to the septic. I have kept the CI at the roof and at the septic. I am replacing with PVC in between. I didn't know if the whole thing had to be min of 3” or if I could do part in...
  11. martha bartley

IPC vs UPC

Thank you for responding. I think I found the answer to this. From what I understand I have to use a 3” because the 3” toilet will be going to it and I cannot reduce the pipe size in the direction of the flow.
  12. martha bartley

IPC vs UPC

So would you advise I go with 2” or stick with the 3” for good measure?
  13. martha bartley

What would you do here? Venting question(Bathroom remodel)

Understood. Maybe there’s a way to insulate for sound before you close the walls back up.
  14. martha bartley

IPC vs UPC

So as for a follow up question. In replacing the cast iron 4” pipe that went from roof to septic, I was told by a plumber that I only needed 3”. I have been studying the Florida code which is IPC and if I’m reading that right the vent and the line to septic needs to be 4” but the pipe in...
  15. martha bartley

What would you do here? Venting question(Bathroom remodel)

I am just a homeowner, but wanted to give my 2 sense based on experience. I also thought my cast iron looked old and in bad shape. It wasn't leaking or anything, but I felt the need to replace it while I had access to it. Problem is I get woken up every morning when my husband flushes the toilet...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks