Recent content by Markgc

1. Markgc

Evaporator Coil Duct Work breather

Thank you ......there must be a cut off switch because the downstairs a/c system shut down due to high water last year when the main drain got blocked and the secondary drain did not prevent this cut off. Since the system is in my crawl space under the house, a flooding situation is not...
  2. Markgc

Thanks for the information. Last year the trap got blocked up and the A/C shut down because the duct was full of water. There must be some sort of 24V cut off inside. Maybe a float switch ? I poked the trap with wire and then the duct drained out OK then. I will give the trap a flush out...
  3. Markgc

This is my evaporator coil under the house. What is the purpose of the open white pipe on the left. It is some sort of breather but an awful lot of air blows out of it when the fan is running. Should it be blocked off ?
  4. Markgc

Pre 1993 Valley, What Type of Shower Control Valve Do I Have ?

I thought I had a Delta 600 series shower control valve but I just took off the control handle and it looks nothing like the YouTube videos of the valve that uses a rotating crystal control knob. What type do I have as I need to get spare parts to repair it ? thanks
  5. Markgc

What Range of Pressure Gauges to Use Across A Whole House Filter

I am just about to replace the whole house filter on my submersible pump driven well. I am going to fit a larger 4 1/2 x 10 filter. I intend to fit a pair of pressure gauges, one either side of this filter to monitor it's performance.. I have a lot of red soft clay in the water and I am...
  6. Markgc

NEW to the country and a well!! NO CLUE!!!HELP

I have been told not to put sanitary towels down the toilet and not to use a waste disposal in the kitchen. I had a probelm where my water was acidic and was dissolving my copper pipes. I could tell this by the blue deposits on some of the white sinks and my white clothes started to turn blue...
  7. Markgc

Acid Netralizer backflused my calcite out

Was this the first time that you have filled your system? What does the manual tell you to do? I have an Aqua Pure system that I fill with PH Plus approximately every 4 months. I normally add a couple of 2 bottles ( I think they are around 2 pounds each but I need to check that). I use a tape...
  8. Markgc

Pressure Tank Location

My comment was tongue in cheek. I must admit at one time I was planning on replacing the nasty looking siding on my pump house with the nice colored stuff that they had at Lowes. Unfortunately that hasn't happened but it is still on the dream list. I actually ran my stereo speakers wires under...
  9. Markgc

Well Pressure Tank Problems - HELP!

I would seriously consider replacing the switch. It is an important part of the system and only costs about $20. Mark
  10. Markgc

Pressure Tank Location

Man that puts me to shame, I have corrugated plastic on my pump house but it does the job.
  11. Markgc

Air Accumulating in Well Tank

This is what my Air Volume Control looks like It is an Ametek type W
  12. Markgc

Should I Add a Pressure Gauge to A Bladderless Tank

I looked at the top of the tank and it has a 5/8 Allen screw in there. It looks glued in and I really don't want to mess with it. I bet it would take some beating to get out. Getting the AVC out was bad enough. Are you suggesting that I put a nipple and T piece on the AVC and then add the...
  13. Markgc

Yes that is very possible Gary. Also I have been away working for a long time and the only use of the well for months has been theAqua Pure 10 minute back flushing cycle. It is most likely that the pressure that the well pump holds during the back flush time is above the pressure that airator...
  14. Markgc

Yes I have just been reading about hydro bladderless tanks. The aerator is before the tank and and should be set to inject air for 1/3 of the pump up time. When it was first installed I could never get it to adjust correctly and it aerated for about 1/2 the pump up time. After several years I...
  15. Markgc

I am running an Aqua Pure system with an airator on my well. The airator is part of the Aqua Pure system and is there to remove iron from the water. Aqua Pure recommends a bladderless tank when using an airator. In fact I have a bladderless tank Quick Tank Q42VSQ with an Ametek WJ air volume...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks